Three Tuns city centre

Guest makapaka

I was driving down west bar and noticed people working in there and loads of scaffolding round it.

Does anyone know what is happening to it?

New landlady and refurb, opens either Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Guest makapaka

Oh good thanks for that.

Was worried for a bit!

An iconic pub, and a meeting point for many a city centre pub crawl :) long may it continue.

The Three Tuns ‏@3tunssheffield

So the contracts are signed! There is no going back now guys. @aewadsworth21 will be your new commander from 4pm Wednesday!

Used to go in the Bottom Tuns as it was know (the Top Tuns being on Leopold Street) all the time when John and Andrea Conroy had it and for a while after they left. The pub used to be spotlessly clean and the beer was really well kept. Unfortunatly it went downhill and we went in about 6 months ago and were plagued by what I presumed to be barflies which is usually a sign that the place isnt that clean.

Good luck to the new Land lady the pub deserves to do well.

Will they be selling any real ale?

I bet wobblybob50 will be hoping for Wobbly Bob beer. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Thats where I got my nickname Doom. Was at a beer festival and a couple of my mates saw the Wobblybob (6%) and that was it!! They even scrounged the label off of the pump which I still have.

Sounds like im shamelessly plugging this, am no way affiliated other than its the nearest pub to my work. They did ask people on twitter what ales they should be serving so i'd assume a better range than before

Thats where I got my nickname Doom. Was at a beer festival and a couple of my mates saw the Wobblybob (6%) and that was it!! They even scrounged the label off of the pump which I still have.

I'm partial to the Wobbly Bob myself. My mate's darts club in Barnsley have it on as one of their regulars.

I first had it at the Sunfest beer festival and a couple of times since at Wetherspoons in town.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 12:16 ----------

Sounds like im shamelessly plugging this, am no way affiliated other than its the nearest pub to my work. They did ask people on twitter what ales they should be serving so i'd assume a better range than before

If you find out please let us know.

I'm always interested in any pubs we can add to our pre ice hockey beer check. :D

Regards

Doom

The Three Tuns

The beer pumps are going back in and we will be serving 6 real ales. Any requests?

The Three Tuns ‏

We will be keeping out favorites: landlord and farmers blonde on permanent retainer

The Three Tuns ‏

We will also have four guest ales on rotation. Suggestions will always be welcome.