Does anyone know the song starting A gypsy coming to the marketplace?

Lincs

:help:Hi to you all. I am new here. I signed up because my brother-in-law has been searching for this song for years and years. He seems to think it was sung by Frankie Laine in the 50/60's. I put the words in Google and the first four lines came up for this site posted by nanrobbo on the 4/9/2010 under (Can you have a conversation using just song lyrics Part14.)I have emailed nanrobbo via this site but have not had a reply. I would love to find out the singer and see if a copy is avaiable anywhere to give to my brother-in-law. Nowhere else is there any information and we started to think he had dreamt this song up. If anyone is in contact with nanrobbo I would be most grateful if you could inform her of my quest. Kind regards Linda:)

See my reply below giving the first four lines of the song.

Edited by Lincs
Added information.

Could be cos Nanrobbo is in Queensland so is on a different time Zone to us. I'm sure she'll reply when she gets your message.

Edited to add that they are 10 hours ahead so she might be in bed already:)

Edited by Joanl

Hi thanks for that but not the right song.

The four lines I have are:-

A gypsy coming to a marketplace and smiling a pretty face.

And you know what that means, lots of money in his jeans.

A girl just in her teens.

The scene is Pennsylvania, where love is such a mania.

Many thanks for the reply. Would love to find the right song.

Hi Lincs, The song was sung by Frankie Laine, I dont know all the words but will try to find them for you.......watch this space lol Nan.

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 05:15 ----------

By the way my e-mail address may have changed I had problems with server.

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 05:41 ----------

OK Lincs, The song is called 'Love is such a cheat' sung by Frankie Laine. I found it on line via Bing it is on Youtube . Ref markalson 1938. Hope you are able to find it. Nan.

PS Now you have started something my husband is listening to all the old Frankie Laine now lol

---------- Post added 21-01-2013 at 05:43 ----------

Ahh sorry, I jumped to conclusions there didn't I? for some reason my brain read that you had "just" emailed her. Sorry :blush:

Thanks Joan I would never have seen the post if you hadn't brought it to my attention. We aim to serve what!! xx

Thank you to all who have contacted me regarding this song. Just played the you-tube version to my brother-in-law over the phone. He said thank you to you all. He is over the moon, after all these years he now has the title. What a great site this is. Many thanks.

Thank you to all who have contacted me regarding this song. Just played the you-tube version to my brother-in-law over the phone. He said thank you to you all. He is over the moon, after all these years he now has the title. What a great site this is. Many thanks.

You are very welcome.

---------- Post added 22-01-2013 at 00:03 ----------

I'm glad you had the info, nanrobbo, because Lincs' post got me wanting to know the answer too.

We have a lot of his records but not that one. He did have a very good voice.