Is rotherham going the same way as doncaster

Wath, Mexborugh, Doncaster, Rotherham, Conisburgh, Swinton, etc....you go there and look at the people and then go to the south and tell me they aren't 1000 years behind. The gap is widening and it's scary.

It's not quite as marked in town centres of Rotherham and Doncaster (although it is very dated) but if you dropped a yummy mummy from Surrey into the centre of say, thurnscoe, (could be any one of these former pit villages though) she will think she's in another country from another century. Run down housing, very shallow gene pools and an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. I'm not sure how much money it would take to fix them. Are they fixable ?

Its to hope nobody from rotherham and doncaster is reading whats being said about them on here.At least doncasters got what sheffield hasnt got, a shopping centre in its town centre THE FRENCHGATE CENTRE and a top class market.I actually prefer them to sheffield.Everybody in inner city sheffield thinks rural people have all got 12 fingers and marry their sister.We get it out here at stocksbridge and deepcar,it gets a bit tiresome after a bit.Sheffield isnt the centre of the universe.

Its to hope nobody from rotherham and doncaster is reading whats being said about them on here.At least doncasters got what sheffield hasnt got, a shopping centre in its town centre THE FRENCHGATE CENTRE and a top class market.I actually prefer them to sheffield.Everybody in inner city sheffield thinks rural people have all got 12 fingers and marry their sister.We get it out here at stocksbridge and deepcar,it gets a bit tiresome after a bit.Sheffield isnt the centre of the universe.

Yes but the point is many on here think it is. I can only assume they never cross the penines.

I find this thread very sad. some people aren't very nice.im new to sheffield forum I've decided to leave.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I find this thread very sad. some people aren't very nice.im new to sheffield forum I've decided to leave.

That's your prerogative but do you think the likes of Doncaster and Rotherham councils are beyond reproach ? Alot in Sheffield are far from happy with Sheffield council, just look at the threads. I stand by my comments on former pit villages of Rotherham donny and beyond. There are masses of unemployment and they're really run down. Do you think any of that is off the mark ?

Ps Sheffield isn't the centre of the universe !!!

There's an Android app for the forum?

What planet are you guys on? No local/government investment in Doncaster? Is that why they are seeing a £300 million project being built in the town centre, another £300 million project due to start on the water front, a £400 million inland port, a link road to the airport. Not to mention what has been done in the last 10 years... the £200 million extension to the Frenchgate Centre, £40 million redevelopment of the racecourse grandstand. The council may be crap but it's not stopping investment.

Good point... had cause to be in Donny couple of Saturdays ago .. great compact shopping centre superb market, plenty of people and plenty of life... on a return to Fargate Mrs KeefisGod commented: "This place looks so tired" .. but Sheffield does have The Moor ...

I think the government simply wants to invest in strategic major cities....London,Exeter,Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds ect. The likes of donni and Rotherham are not in the radar.

Very good point... Tory policy seems to be that any money not spent on the South East is a waste of funding :roll:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 11:46 ----------

Good point... had cause to be in Donny couple of Saturdays ago .. great compact shopping centre superb market, plenty of people and plenty of life... on a return to Fargate Mrs KeefisGod commented: "This place looks so tired" .. but Sheffield does have The Moor ...

Donny stole my airport :rant:

Very good point... Tory policy seems to be that any money not spent on the South East is a waste of funding :roll:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 11:46 ----------

Donny stole my airport :rant:

It wasn't so much an airport .. more a very long cricket wicket:)

Wait until Sevenstones is built.........hang you will probably be dead by then.:hihi:

rotherham hasn't been governable, the good people of rotherham do not even understand what that means ..... bless em

and doncaster lets not even discuss that, just build a very high wall around it, we don't want the stupidity to spread now do we.....

They will recognise rudeness and condescending attitudes from someone unable to express themselves conventionally.:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 12:33 ----------

I agree, their ain't nothing special about the south it's full of gullible fools and gangs, most think we have gangs in Sheffield don't make me lol, go down south and look around the inner city's then you will see gangs, most of the places I have been in the south have been full of vile gullible fools, their is just abit more money to chuck around down their, their is a difference between being smart and thinking your smart...

Did you fit in down south,as you seem to have many attributes in common with the populace you describe?:)