When did 'of' take over from 'have'?

I've been noticing more and more people don't know the difference between "as" and "has".

Has I read your post I thought this guy as been learnt proper English,probably went to a grammer school.

There are many instances of people on here interchanging correct and incorrect words at will. A thread about licences has people referring to them as licenses; one about sites has reference to sights.

Another commonly misspelt word is 'than', on several occasions I have seen this spelt 'that', even in quality newspapers.

I am sure you did but the education process in Scotland is more stringent than in England -remember Jean Brodie.

Very true, or at least it was! I first noticed it when one of my children was bored of something and its always sounded strange.

the education process in Scotland is more stringent than in England-remember Jean Brodie.

She's fictional. ;)

The word ME seems to have dissapeared replaced by MA ma ipod ma phone etcetera

And the word 'I' seems to have been replaced with the much more pretentious 'myself'. Instead of saying 'my friend and I went there' I keep hearing stuff like 'myself and my friend went there'.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 13:25 ----------

She's fictional. ;)

There were some very like her when I was at school back in the day. ;)

One that gets me is the way people miss the g off the end of a word. I first noticed it with Eamonn Holmes when I think he was saying something about kids spelling. and then Ant and Dec and then almost overnight everyone seemed to do it, and what happened to yes instead of absolutely ?

Also...... Drawing pronounced as drawring.

Jewellery as jewllery.

Vegetables as vegtables.

Medicine as medcine.

etc. etc.

dialogue is one thing but correct pronunciation especially on TV is another.

She's fictional. ;)

Don't they say all fiction has some basis in fact,and that truth is stronger than friction?

BBC reporters who say 'different to' instead of the correct 'different from' rile me!

There are many instances of people on here interchanging correct and incorrect words at will. A thread about licences has people referring to them as licenses; one about sites has reference to sights.

Another commonly misspelt word is 'than', on several occasions I have seen this spelt 'that', even in quality newspapers.

The trouble is that some clever person mispells licence as license,and no-one nose whose spelled it proply.If someone does correct it it can appear rude.

I wud of fort this wud ov brung up sum class remarks. me myself personaly get bored of peeple hoo pick on ovvers hoo cant spell or get the langwige rite. god its hard work doing it like this. I must have a rest.

One in ten people have ginger hair.

WRONG.

One in ten people has ginger hair.

Correct.

And don't get me started on your/you're and there/their/they're.

And we will not go near apostrophes and their constant misuse.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android