71 bus not running to killamarsh tonight

Just wanted to let people know just caught the 71 from town at 9.35 the driver said they were only going to halfway cause of weather .

Thought i had got a half an hour walk but remembered about the 29a to rotherham tm travel which was in at halfway asked the lady driver if she was going through killamarsh yes she said and going up hill i hope she has a safe journey to rotherham .

This information was nt on the travel south yorkshire website otherwise i may have left work earlier .

those 3rd world kids dont know how easy they have got it!

Ah well you see, Killamarsh is in Derbyshire and the 71 is operated by Stagecoach's Chesterfield depot...... try http://www.stagecoachbus.com/chesterfield for any news on the 71.

Probably worth noting the 71 route around Killamarsh, Norwood and Spinkhill taking in estates and villages is a more difficult one than the 29A. Also the 29A is a minibus.

At the end of the day you could still get to Killamarsh, even if you did have to pay extra for the TM Travel bus!

In December 2010, the last time we had really heavy snow, Killamarsh people were walking to Halfway tram stop to get the tram into Sheffield as all the buses were off and driving was difficult too. If only there was still a railway station in Killamarsh...

Edited by Andy C

yes i remember walking home from halfway in the snow thanks for that thats why it was nt on there kept updating it at work the 29a went via high st which saved me a long walk at gone 10 last night thanks