I'm so glad I've got a Range Rover ..

Ive got a Mitsubishi Shogun far better and more reliable than a Range Rover:P

haha dream on.

Your BMI is a bit out:hihi:

He probably runs it on chip fat ;):hihi:

Winter tyres are a lot cheaper than a four wheel drive.

I quite agree. When I started working in Huddersfield and drove over flouch I felt it was a rather hairy journey over Hade edge when it was icey. People who'd been doing it a while recommended a fiat uno 4x4 (apparently very popular in the area because it handles inclement conditions better than the bigger 4x4s) or winter tyres. I paid about £160 for winter tyres (Pug 307)which were a fab investment. Sadly when work provided me with a car (audi a3) it didn't come with winter tyres so now I'm back to skating around at times.

I heartily recommend winter tyres - so much easier and far less ridiculous than the look of socks or the expense of a 4x4

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 17:07 ----------

Indeed they are my friend but I have yet to find a lady who's swooned over a set of winter tyres.

However, when they find out you've got a Jeep!

You become a true alpha male, wrestling with Grizzly bears and chopping down tree's with nothing but your own teeth and muscle.

Winters tyres are only practical for three months of the year, A jeep however isn't just for Christmas! :hihi:

I can't agree. Winter tyres can go on beautiful cars (not that mine was). Many women (surely not just me) prefer a more sophisticated form of masculinity than the wrestling brawn that you describe. Each to their own I guess. I'm more of a fan of the dairy milk man/James Bond type of hero in a dinner jacket rather than the bear grylls type. Apologies....seriously off topic!!

I don't just have a 4x4 for snow mine is a work tool it tows our caravan it tows my car trailer and it does all that on 25MPG it is used daily, I towed a Ford transit van on the trailer once from Brighton to Sheffield no problems 55mph all the way up the motor way its a proper versatile all terrain workhorse.

I quite agree. When I started working in Huddersfield and drove over flouch I felt it was a rather hairy journey over Hade edge when it was icey. People who'd been doing it a while recommended a fiat uno 4x4 (apparently very popular in the area because it handles inclement conditions better than the bigger 4x4s) or winter tyres. I paid about £160 for winter tyres (Pug 307)which were a fab investment. Sadly when work provided me with a car (audi a3) it didn't come with winter tyres so now I'm back to skating around at times.

I heartily recommend winter tyres - so much easier and far less ridiculous than the look of socks or the expense of a 4x4

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 17:07 ----------

I can't agree. Winter tyres can go on beautiful cars (not that mine was). Many women (surely not just me) prefer a more sophisticated form of masculinity than the wrestling brawn that you describe. Each to their own I guess. I'm more of a fan of the dairy milk man/James Bond type of hero in a dinner jacket rather than the bear grylls type. Apologies....seriously off topic!!

Beeeeleeeev me! I would never put winter tyres on a beautiful car, because I never run a beautiful car in the winter. The dinner jacket smoothies only come out to play when the sun shines:banana:

Beside what wrong with wrestling brawn in winter time, when your freezing cold, needing logs chopping and protection from polar bears ( a big problem around Sheffield):wink: you'll not be wanting a well suited and well intentioned amateur with a special watch to turn up, wether or not he's got some new winter tyres!:):)

Beside what wrong with wrestling brawn in winter time, when your freezing cold, needing logs chopping and protection from polar bears ( a big problem around Sheffield):wink: you'll not be wanting a well suited and well intentioned amateur with a special watch to turn up, wether or not he's got some new winter tyres!:):)

You make a good point, Bulldog, If I didn't know that you had other irons in the fire I'd have taken you up on your offer of protection from the polar bears, for sure ;)

Shogun, your chat need work...all this talk of caravans on the motorway (shudder) and an all terrain work horse isn't quite so appealing.:o

I'd have been fending 'em off with my peashooter and catapult Helga

They wouldn't have stood a chance

Winter tyres are good for getting away from polar bears too though:)

I don't just have a 4x4 for snow mine is a work tool it tows our caravan it tows my car trailer and it does all that on 25MPG it is used daily, I towed a Ford transit van on the trailer once from Brighton to Sheffield no problems 55mph all the way up the motor way its a proper versatile all terrain workhorse.

Heavy duty 4x4s are great for heavy duty towing duties and as general workhorses, and of course they can then be used in winter conditions also. I have no need to tow anything across a field or up the motorway, so I think there's little point in me getting a 4x4. It surprises me when people in a similar position to me think it's worthwhile to get one, just because they think they need one for winter conditions.

Obviously, anyone can buy a 4x4 if they want one, whether it is for heavy duty towing, a high driving position, or they want the kudos of having one, or for whatever reason suits them. But all other things being equal, then I think they are a waste of money for most people, who would be better off with a 2 wheel drive vehicle and a set of winter wheels/tyres.

Obviously, your case is different.

Indeed they are my friend but I have yet to find a lady who's swooned over a set of winter tyres.

However, when they find out you've got a Jeep!

You become a true alpha male, wrestling with Grizzly bears and chopping down tree's with nothing but your own teeth and muscle.

Winters tyres are only practical for three months of the year, A jeep however isn't just for Christmas! :hihi:

Is it one of those Jeeps that make you look like an extra from Queer As Folk? :|

You make a good point, Bulldog, If I didn't know that you had other irons in the fire I'd have taken you up on your offer of protection from the polar bears, for sure ;)

Shogun, your chat need work...all this talk of caravans on the motorway (shudder) and an all terrain work horse isn't quite so appealing.:o

Helga I've got a trapper hat will that do for winter macho:D

EEk...If I knew how to do a grimace face on here that's what I'd be doing now!! Each to his or her own I guess ;)

EEk...If I knew how to do a grimace face on here that's what I'd be doing now!! Each to his or her own I guess ;)

Ok then trousers tucked in my wellies any better:)