Bay Window Refelting and possibly Reflashing

Hello All

I am in the process of buying a house and there has been a water leak on the rear bay window, I think this is do to it needing refelting and / or reflashing.

Anybody had this done or got an idea of how much it might cost to get this done?

I'm not sure of the measurements of the bay but it's fairly small.

Cheers

Hi there would be happy to come and have a look at it for you. Mark from bluestone upvc 01142874024/ 07720916825 thanka

Depending on size your looking around the £200mark give or take plus lead if required .

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 16:57 ----------

Thats for felt

Edited by zac.roofer

Depending on size your looking around the £200mark give or take plus lead if required .

Thats for felt

£200 is very cheap. Always get a tradesman out to quote before deciding.

We only offer GRP so our prices are a little more.

for a free quotation and advice please call Fleetwood roofing. you can also check out our ratings on Google. free phone 0800 3579230

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hello All

I am in the process of buying a house and there has been a water leak on the rear bay window, I think this is do to it needing refelting and / or reflashing.

Anybody had this done or got an idea of how much it might cost to get this done?

I'm not sure of the measurements of the bay but it's fairly small.

Cheers

It is possible the lead flashing has come away from the brickwork(or stone).It can be tapped back into the brick joints using a blunt instrument such as a piece of timber,and then repointed but I would not do anything in this cold spell.Any pointing will crack out with the frost/ice.

Hi would be happy to provide a free no obligation quote how ever we only use epdm or fibreglass as they both come with 20yr guarantee and a life expectency of 50yr plus many thanks jordan 07800849124 appleyards home improvements you can find us on yell.com all the best

Thats for felt

It may be a simple repair to the existing flashing,perhaps 2 hours work at most.You cannot quote blind.

Dan ? Tradesman I have been roofing since 1998 c&g & CSCS registered. Bigmanols asked for a re felting and may be fleshing on a SMALL BAY . Not needing much stuff unless it needs boarding .We could offer grp but its not the weather for that .unless temp goes above freezing.

Edited by zac.roofer

If the lead flashing has popped out of the wall then its a small job, if the lead has split you will need code 4 lead, chase out brick joint, fit new lead, pined with lead wedges and fill joints with mastic, or if you have a problem with lead theft in your area you might want to use a lead substitute called Ubiflex

if it’s the flat roof GRP and EPDM are both quality flat roofing products

When using a Tradesman make sure he is qualified to do the job. Some people on here say they are ask for proof.

When using a Tradesman make sure he is qualified to do the job. Some people on here say they are ask for proof.

Which trade is responsible for replacing a lead flashing?A plumber?