Sunday 28th april,, jane tomlinson peak district.. 25miler dambuster

Wasn't it just....no massive climbs but just slowly up, up up up.

Wish I'd gone home and to a radox bath than to the pub now thought...but SO glad I booked tomorrow as a holiday

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 23:18 ----------

At the start, there was a bloke with a wooden stick, brown shoes and black denim jeans.

Anyone know if he finished.....it was quite a ridiculous get-up and I was thinking he might have got away with it until te wind and rain set in.

I've walked in those conditions wearing denim before....it isn't a happy memory

As for as i know the guy did not finish he dropped out at the 14 mile stage.

I to found the part after Hayfields awful, it just felt so so long and hard going. I had a good 10 min energy food and drink rest put my head down and did not stop walking until top of lose hill where i ran down to where it levelled out.

The whole of my group and some friends put dry clean cloths on and went to the pub for food and beer.

I will definately do something like that again, i never imagined doing 25 miles in 10 hours.

would it be really unwise to take on another this coming sunday ? i did this one, but i didnt by any means find it easy, only today have the aches subsided.

i do fancy the Baslow Boot Bash as well lol, these things are very addictive :gag:

Hmm thinking about doing that one too but it sounds even tougher!!

I booked all 3.

And the 3 Yorkshire 10K runs. Leg resting first half of this week, then 2.5 weeks to get ready for the Hull 10K. Might be hard, all of my prep has been building up long distance walking except a couple of 5k and shorter runs back in January

would it be really unwise to take on another this coming sunday ? i did this one, but i didnt by any means find it easy, only today have the aches subsided.

i do fancy the Baslow Boot Bash as well lol, these things are very addictive :gag:

Just do it. A week is more than enough time for your body to recover, unless you are severely unfit.

I booked all 3.

And the 3 Yorkshire 10K runs. Leg resting first half of this week, then 2.5 weeks to get ready for the Hull 10K. Might be hard, all of my prep has been building up long distance walking except a couple of 5k and shorter runs back in January

Wow impressive,I got the half marathon a week sunday so taking it easy till then think the walk on Sunday will help towards that though as I certainly feel fitter.