15 sites for new houses in Sheffield - The Star 17/1/13

the site on infield lane ( we have always known it as enfield lane) has had previous houses built on it with outdoor loo's so builder beware of the drains my OH remembers 2 yards with 4 in each then 2 across the top, several along the bottom then a yard across the road with the large Enfield pub at the bottom of enfield lane. then the brook running through. and its in a 'dip'

The council should NOT be allowed to build council houses on Green field sites in rural villages. People who own houses and live in rural areas do so because they want peace and Quiet, a rural lifestyle, and lovley countryside views. They do NOT want to look out of their window and see council houses . Property values in rural areas will suffer when council houses are built in these areas.

has anyone said they are?

has anyone said they are?

In Worrall........ (rural village) 55 new homes

In Oughtibridge (rural village) 40 new homes

Add to that 15 new COUNCIL houses in Fulwood. Fulwood is a lovely area , council houses should NOT be built in areas like these.

In Worrall........ (rural village) 55 new homes

In Oughtibridge (rural village) 40 new homes

Add to that 15 new COUNCIL houses in Fulwood. Fulwood is a lovely area , council houses should NOT be built in areas like these.

it didn`t say they were council houses in the opening post.

just remember fella, to some of the old families in your village your just a council house OIK.

In reply to Penistone 999, i agree not all greenfield sites should be built on, but who said it was the council that would be building them, when they last tried to get planning permission to build down Junction Road it was the council selling the land to Ben Baileys for them to build on.I would also question why you think people who live in council houses would not also want to live in the areas proposed.I find your attitude regarding council tennants /houses rather snobbish.

Brownfield sites should be considered first, but developers admit they don't want these sites as not cost effective!

shebba

it didn`t say they were council houses in the opening post.

just remember fella, to some of the old families in your village your just a council house OIK.

In reply to Penistone 999, i agree not all greenfield sites should be built on, but who said it was the council that would be building them, when they last tried to get planning permission to build down Junction Road it was the council selling the land to Ben Baileys for them to build on.I would also question why you think people who live in council houses would not also want to live in the areas proposed.I find your attitude regarding council tennants /houses rather snobbish.

Brownfield sites should be considered first, but developers admit they don't want these sites as not cost effective!

Yes. The topic is not 'New Council houses' but 'Areas where new developments [i.e. private-sector developers'] are likely to receive planning permission'.