Cameron's Europe Speech

Are we all getting excited about Cameron's Europe speech?

What do we think he's going to say?

What he should say:

The Coalition Government has been the worst government the UK has ever had. We have ruined the country and the economy. We're dissolving this hopeless parliament and new elections will be held as soon as possible. On a happier note, I have found my one true love and Nick and I will be getting married just as soon as I've divorced Sam.

What he really should say:

The Empire is long gone, get over it! The Commonwealth can't help us half of them are our biggest competitors and the rest are economic basket cases. The US is bust and wants to scrape a few more years by asset stripping the UK and eating our children. Our future lies with Europe and we are fully committed to the EU and will seek to strengthen and deepen the single market. The benefits of doing so are clear and in the best interests of the UK.

For the euro to survive there needs to be an increasing degree of cooperation between the eurozone countries. We will ensure that there is an equal balance of power between the eurozone and non-eurozone countries.

We will push for the primary source of all eu legislation to be the european parliament. Also, we will review the powers of the eu commissioners and will look to transfer their executive powers to either the european parliament or the council of ministers. The major decisions and initiatives will then all be taken by directly elected people not appointees.

What he probably will say:

burble whinge wibble splutter mumble parp!

He's going to talk alot a commit to very little, like most pms when it comes to Europe.

That's about the size of it. He seems certain he is going to bribe people for votes in 2015 by offering a referendum on the UK membership of the EU in 2018 because he's realised he's going to get a trowsing. This, in conjuction with the grey vote bribe the other day, he hopes will get him through 2015.

Edited by Mecky

We're all in it together,but some are not quite all together,trust me I'm a politician.:help:

PS.I have never uderstood how ever 26/27 countries with different cultures,populations,needs,languages etc could ever agree on anything and still don't.

Edited by matsalleh

PS.I have never uderstood how ever 26/27 countries with different cultures,populations,needs,languages etc could ever agree on anything and still don't.

Tolerance, interpeters, trade, mutual dependence, understanding, an outward looking attitude, a preference to war. Those kinds of things.

The EU is like a marriage between 26/7 parties, some more willing than others.

I've been with my wife for seventeen years and we don't agree on everything, we have moments when we do not speak for days, bitch about each other to friends and family and have both probably thought about walking away from each other.

And thats just two parties, 26/7 parties just compounds the problems, with each having to be seen to be acting in the national interest at home whilst striving to come to an agreement.

At least with the wife we chose each other and had a choice on the issue.

The last EU vote took place when I was 5 years old.

All parties have said in the past that they would have a referendum but nothing has been forthcoming.

The issue will keep raising it's head until the political parties let the people who have become adults in the last 39 years have a say on it.

That's about the size of it. He seems certain he is going to bribe people for votes in 2015 by offering a referendum on the UK membership of the EU in 2018 because he's realised he's going to get a trowsing. This, in conjuction with the grey vote bribe the other day, he hopes will get him through 2015.

Didn't Labour promise a referendum on the EU treaty in 2005 but then reneged on it after the election and signed up for it without a popular vote?