Doggy advice needed.

Bethsmummy

My shiba inu is acting a bit weird I'm gonna try & get her in vets on Fri but just wondered if anyone has any ideas what may be bothering her!?

She's 4, healthy, eating well, weeing & pooing fine. But she started shedding her winter coat about 3 weeks ago. It's almost all gone but now whenever she goes out she just shivers & shakes like crazy. Its literally out for her biz & straight back in she's not interested whatsoever in playing in the garden. If the door gets closed, she just sits on the front step howling & shivering uncontrollably.

I did put down her early shedding to the fact we have a very warm house with the heating on very frequently (due to my daughter's health condition)

However she's sat on the rug in front of me now (the heating is on) and I'm toasty, she's shivering INSIDE?? she cannot possibly be cold!! So I'm thinking there may be something more. Anybody have any ideas??

I will do. There's something. Like her bodies out of sync.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 17:56 ----------

She also looks a bit on the skinny side (that said, she always does when she sheds her winter coat) & her tails gone down a bit this last couple of weeks.

It sounds like she's got some pain, can she actually lift and wag her tail?

Kelly has a curled or (sickle???) Tail. It's usually tight & rigid up on her back. Were aware when she's upset (I.E. when someone she doesn't know is in the house or when there are fireworks going off) her tail drops off her back & unfurls a little.

Well this past few days it's been pretty permanently like that. She just looks a bit sad and pathetic I suppose you might say.

Can dogs have depression??

In my personal opinion, no. Dogs cannot have depression. To me that's humanizing an animal too much.

But I think she may definitely be under-the-weather. Get her checked out.

See if you can get her temp. If she's actually cold, a coat could help her re-adjust to our changing weather whilst her coat comes back.

Kelly has a curled or (sickle???) Tail. It's usually tight & rigid up on her back. Were aware when she's upset (I.E. when someone she doesn't know is in the house or when there are fireworks going off) her tail drops off her back & unfurls a little.

Well this past few days it's been pretty permanently like that. She just looks a bit sad and pathetic I suppose you might say.

Can dogs have depression??

It may be nothing remotely like this but how likely is she to have this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limber_tail_syndrome, it is surprisingly common and it is painful for them, either way it does sound like she has a bit of pain somewhere to me.