42mph in a 30mph on Herries Drive

Yeah I seem to remember that on mine too!

I really need to slow down. :loopy:

When were you on the speed course?

If less than 3 years ago you won't be offered another course just yet.

I was caught on greenland road just going down to arena,doing same speed as you cost me £100 and 3 points, never got offered speed awareness course,ah well live and learn....

Guest sibon

42 in a 30 zone is pretty fast to be fair.

You might get lucky and get a speed awareness course. I'd have thought that 3 points was more likely. And pretty proportionate too.

I'm not condoning speeding, I'll accept whatever is coming to me as it's the law.

But the road is straight, wide and it was the middle of the day with no cars around.

Thanks for those who have tried to assist, to everyone else enjoy the rest of your perfect lives.

Guest sibon
I'm not condoning speeding, I'll accept whatever is coming to me as it's the law.

Nobody does.

Not many have had a pop at you either, to be fair.

I hope you get offered a course. Mine did me quite a bit of good:)

Surely the more you're speeding the more awareness you need. It's stupid they only offer a speed awareness course to someone going 5mph over the limit and not one to someone who who speeds something like 20mph over.

SAC is, I believe, Speed Limit + 10% + 9 so for 42 in a 30 you might just get lucky, assuming you haven't done one in the past 3 years. The folks on pepipoo will help out. You won't get 6 points for that even if they don't offer SAC so don't worry about that.

Edited by Kid Sampson

Ask for photo evidence and the last time the speedy thing was calibrated :thumbsup:

I don't endorse speeding by the way :D

You can't in a Lada :D

Surely the more you're speeding the more awareness you need. It's stupid they only offer a speed awareness course to someone going 5mph over the limit and not one to someone who who speeds something like 20mph over.

There might be some merit in that - although if they are doing 50mph in a 30 limit in a residential area - especially near a school - then I think a charge of dangerous driving might be more appropriate.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 00:40 ----------

Well, the back seat is a bit cramped but if you use your imagination.............

Edited by Longcol

It's turbo'd up with my megasquirt variable ECU! Can do 0 -70 in 4 secs. I only do that on private roads mind :) I good tail wind and steep down hill ride gets the best results! I don't trust the remoulds you see :(:hihi:

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 00:43 ----------

There might be some merit in that - although if they are doing 50mph in a 30 limit in a residential area - especially near a school - then I think a charge of dangerous driving might be more appropriate.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 00:40 ----------

Well, the back seat is a bit cramped but if you use your imagination.............

I will have you know that the Lada has amazing space for tip runs and love making :(

The speed you were doing isn't as important IMHO as the fact that you didn't notice the camera/vehicle that caught you. Of course I wouldn't speed ;) but if I did then I should be aware of what's at the sides of the road. Just saying.