Any good hillsborough bars and clubs?

who's Lee !!!! i am dj ade who has done karaoke on sunday nights for last 7 years in freemasons arms. It's now under new management & i can assure anybody that i have never been rugby tackled , All sunday night customers are more mature people who i have never had a problem with !

I'd really like somewhere serving good beer, not too pricey, no loud music walking distance from Malin Bridge. Happy with a scruffy interior.

I went in the Robin Hood March 2011 and liked the pub, but not the woman running it moaning about muddy boots in the main bar (tiled floor anyway!). Shut since, lack of customers. I'd have been back if I hadn't been made to fell uncomfortable.

Hillsborough Hotel a bit of a walk. What is the Hillsborough club at the top of the hill like?

I'd really like somewhere serving good beer, not too pricey, no loud music walking distance from Malin Bridge. Happy with a scruffy interior.

I went in the Robin Hood March 2011 and liked the pub, but not the woman running it moaning about muddy boots in the main bar (tiled floor anyway!). Shut since, lack of customers. I'd have been back if I hadn't been made to fell uncomfortable.

Hillsborough Hotel a bit of a walk. What is the Hillsborough club at the top of the hill like?

Is the Malin Bridge Inn no good?

I know they do a lot of music but the beer used to be good and not too pricey.

as from sunday 27th january i am the dj karaoke man in the freemasons arms so if you like music from the 60's - present & enjoy having a laugh with your mates come down every sunday night 8pm - 12am cheers

Oh dear, that awful racket again! Do us a favour and try and keep the noise down. I've never complained before, but I'd be persuaded to by being kept awake by that caterwauling at midnight on a Sunday.

I wish I could find a decent pub in Hillsborough for a weekend. I end up trekking to Walkley or the Hillsborough Hotel for a good pint with some normal people.

Oh dear, that awful racket again! Do us a favour and try and keep the noise down. I've never complained before, but I'd be persuaded to by being kept awake by that caterwauling at midnight on a Sunday.

I wish I could find a decent pub in Hillsborough for a weekend. I end up trekking to Walkley or the Hillsborough Hotel for a good pint with some normal people.

How many real ale pubs with no karaoke have opened and been successful in the last 10 years.......versus how many tacky keg serving karaoke pubs have gone bust?

About 8-0 to the decent pubs.

who's Lee !!!! i am dj ade who has done karaoke on sunday nights for last 7 years in freemasons arms. It's now under new management & i can assure anybody that i have never been rugby tackled , All sunday night customers are more mature people who i have never had a problem with !

Ade Ade Ade

Well, somehow, I managed to get a guy getting me into a scrum trying to get my mircrophone off me. Are you sure they're more mature?

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 21:20 ----------

How many real ale pubs with no karaoke have opened and been successful in the last 10 years.......versus how many tacky keg serving karaoke pubs have gone bust?

Have to agree with taxman on that one.

I'd much prefer to be putting on some soul or rock and roll for a more educated clientel.

Karaoke can be good, but it does have a habbit of attracting a rowdy crowed thats got no interest in singing good, but just been assess.

Except in Hillsborough, and that Karaoke or somewhere else equally as loud on a Sunday night has been going for a few years on and off.

Don't get me wrong, there's clearly a market for a decent real ale pub in the area, just as I am convinced most locals are rarely seen visiting frozen food discount stores, placing a bet at the bookies or sucking on a sausage dummy, yet these places thrive in Hillsborough.

Except in Hillsborough, and that Karaoke or somewhere else equally as loud on a Sunday night has been going for a few years on and off.

Don't get me wrong, there's clearly a market for a decent real ale pub in the area, just as I am convinced most locals are rarely seen visiting frozen food discount stores, placing a bet at the bookies or sucking on a sausage dummy, yet these places thrive in Hillsborough.

That's funny! Does seem about right though.

New Barrack Tavern still the best round Hillsborough. Gets the right sort of folk in anddecent beer.