Lodge moor/fulwood late 60s early 70s.

I think maybe talking after the homes closed wasn't it a girls remand home for a while??

Most definately a girls remand centre.When I was growing up on rochester drive I had a friend who lived in one of the houses,his mother was a matron,I think there were about two or three girls to each property, a house matron and her family.I think that's how it worked anyway.

ive spent many happy times in fullwood as my grandma (who has just sadly passed away) owns her house there on brookhouse hill.. me n my cousin use to go forge dam with our little rods lol good times :)

ive spent many happy times in fullwood as my grandma (who has just sadly passed away) owns her house there on brookhouse hill.. me n my cousin use to go forge dam with our little rods lol good times :)

-------------

Hi Dingle, What years were you in f c homes.

i enclose you picture of Forge Dams had good time down there on

the paddling boats in 40/50s.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/forgedams009_zpsaf3bd0ff.jpg

----------

Hi Mike, No we didn't have anything like scouts in the Orphanage

we didn't have them privileges.

----------

In 1944 the 249th Sheffield Scout Group was there until 1947. Neckerchief was Emerald with Scarlet corner apparently.

In 1944 the 249th Sheffield Scout Group was there until 1947. Neckerchief was Emerald with Scarlet corner apparently.

----------------

Hi, Its news to me so i can't help and that one then i was

only a 5 year old kid. :huh:

--------------------

Mike do you live near St lukes church on Blackbrook rd.

-------------

Hi Dingle, What years were you in f c homes.

i enclose you picture of Forge Dams had good time down there on

the paddling boats in 40/50s.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/forgedams009_zpsaf3bd0ff.jpg

Brian i've been a little slow ,just clued in you was in for a very long time,you must have been witness to all the change's, did the riot squad move in 1946??and hoe come you're not in permanent therapy:hihi::hihi:

hi brian i mainly wrote on here because my grandma had lived there 50yrs altho the house she owned has been in my grandads family for over 100yrs,,,i lived there 1st 5yrs of my life n i was born 1973

Spent a lot of my youth on the spider park on crimicar playing fields also fulwood cafe and the woods,just wondered if anyone else on here had done the same,probably 69-72ish.Fond memories.Each time I visit home compared to then there does'nt seem as many kids about now......Nintendo syndrome perhaps.

-------------------

Hi, When you talk about the cafe would that be opposite the

Lodge moor Hospital, was it stood back from then a bus shelter.

I remember a bungalow or house that sold tea, ice cream and

other items and that was in the late 40/50s when i lived up

Fulwood. :huh:

-------------------

Hi, When you talk about the cafe would that be opposite the

Lodge moor Hospital, was it stood back from then a bus shelter.

I remember a bungalow or house that sold tea, ice cream and

other items and that was in the late 40/50s when i lived up

Fulwood. :huh:

I was referring to forge dam cafe to be honest.The cafe you mean was lodge moor cafe opposite the hospital gates.My mum bought it in early 72 selling it again in mid 73.

I was referring to forge dam cafe to be honest.The cafe you mean was lodge moor cafe opposite the hospital gates.My mum bought it in early 72 selling it again in mid 73.

There was also a little shop that sold pots of tea and ice creams at the farm just as the road drops to the top of Wyming Brook

There was also a little shop that sold pots of tea and ice creams at the farm just as the road drops to the top of Wyming Brook

Remember that very well,it's now a private house once more but all through my growing up years it was as you say a good source of ice cream.My mate has wyming brook farm he's the third generation,spent a lot of time up there and used the little shop regularly.

Well I know it's not a new thread but it's apt so I will use it. Anyway I was talking to a security man up at lodge moor hospital after it had been closed, and he reckoned there were big airaid shelters with one exit exposed when they dug out the area for the new bus turn-around up there. I wonder if anyone knows anything about them ?