This is ridiculous - Stagecoach bus

As much as I like stagecoach more than first due to different facts, such as they seem to run on time, tickets are a bit cheaper and drivers seem to be a lot nicer, I got very dissapointed this morning when on 79a bus to town. I do appreciate they have to train new drivers somehow and that does not bother me at all, but doing it in morning when majority of people are on their way to work is not a great idea. It took him a lot longer to get to town than normally due to the fact that he wasn't sure how to operate the ticket machine. As I said, I know he is learning and I do appreciate but they should find a system of teaching them how to use those machines before they start driving the bus. I know I might be moaning too much but this is not the first time that I have witnessed this. I don't mind it when I am on my way home (Although I would like to get there quick) but they should avoid doing it in mornings. What do you all think?

I've never had that before. That sounds like a really daft time to train someone...

A bit like learner drivers (who cant have had many lessons judging by their seemed inability to control the car or set off without stalling) being taught at rush hour and on the busiest roads around.

Drive me nuts!

I do think it is a bit silly trainging someone up when its really busy. However this is small fry considering the problems we have with worst bus.

I much prefer Stagecoach as a service and never had problems with them.

Was the machine playing up?

No it wasn't. The learner driver kept asking what he needs to press everytime someone got on bus.

He could have been thrown in at the deepend due to illnesses before he had completed his full training, I know a lot of people are off sick lately.

Well, they have to train some time don't they. Not the end of the world. What I do find annoying though is first drivers; Most of them really jam the breaks on, and really whack on the accelerator. So sometimes the bus will violently rock back and forth. (I assume the same fool taught them how to drive the bus)

As much as I like stagecoach more than first due to different facts, such as they seem to run on time, tickets are a bit cheaper and drivers seem to be a lot nicer, I got very dissapointed this morning when on 79a bus to town. I do appreciate they have to train new drivers somehow and that does not bother me at all, but doing it in morning when majority of people are on their way to work is not a great idea. It took him a lot longer to get to town than normally due to the fact that he wasn't sure how to operate the ticket machine. As I said, I know he is learning and I do appreciate but they should find a system of teaching them how to use those machines before they start driving the bus. I know I might be moaning too much but this is not the first time that I have witnessed this. I don't mind it when I am on my way home (Although I would like to get there quick) but they should avoid doing it in mornings. What do you all think?

It would be more sensible to write to Brian and let him know your views.

You'd have thought they'd leave them in the office with a machine for a few days before they let them loose.

Surely they can't be so many buttons that they can't learn it before they go out?

I'd concur with your OP.

Agree stagecoach are a much more reliable service than first and the buses are cleaner.

Do Stagecoach pay their drivers more or something?

Now if I get a grunt from a First driver to acknowledge my pass I consider that a success.

Why can't they just say thanks to acknowledge it instead of just looking away?