UPVC door locks gone recommendations for lock fixer/fitters

your correct there raymondo, ours are upvc and they swell and move putting the locks out of line

Hi

I am having trouble with 2 out of 3 doors locking.

They are all UPVC with (I think) a 5 way locking system.

It seems as though on one, the lock wont turn and the other one of the locks keeps getting stuck.

Can anyone recommend a 'lock expert' or could I have some quotes?

I am in th Gleadless area of Sheffield.

Regards

try cheapest things first/ altering hinges

It sounds like one door needs some adjustment. And the other has an internal fault with the gearbox.

Happy to have a look free of charge. Although not free till Wednesday

Many thanks

Andy

Thank you everyone, you have all been great!!! I havent got a clue how to go it myself and if it means taking the door off then I'm a petite lass so wouldnt manage.

I would be greatful for a few quotes so I inbox members who have been good enough to say they will come out to have a look.

Thank you again

Thank you everyone, you have all been great!!! I havent got a clue how to go it myself and if it means taking the door off then I'm a petite lass so wouldnt manage.

I would be greatful for a few quotes so I inbox members who have been good enough to say they will come out to have a look.

Thank you again

just ajust the screws in the hinge you dont take door off, this tilts the door

Many thanks for the recommendation

Andy

Credit where credit is due, good sound advice, told me the truth, did not try to sell me over priced crap locks (others have tried), good friendly service/attitude, a refreshing change, in my opinion many business's could learn a lot from you, as a lot of business's look at jobs as an excuse to lever as much money out of the job as possible, they seem to forget that a heck of a lot of business can be gained through good recommendation's/word of mouth alone, rather than a quick buck today and see what tomorrow brings attitude

Recommend Steve from Lock Stock n Barrel (Locksmith2 on here), he's already offered to give you a quote - he did some work for me recently, very pleased with it, quick job, reasonable price.

Recommend Steve from Lock Stock n Barrel (Locksmith2 on here), he's already offered to give you a quote - he did some work for me recently, very pleased with it, quick job, reasonable price.

thanks canx all the recommendations really help us and i am always more than happy to give a free quote with no obligation again canx thank you and glad you are happy with the work i did for you regards Steve

We would suggest changing the locks in the door, they are not that expensive for PVC doors

locksmith, is £10 for anti snap locks cheap, as stated above

Can i ask are these anti snap locks the ones that prevent would be intruders using mole grips on to gain access ?

Just that my neighbours had new french doors and they got in them using mole grips somehow and police told me you can get special locks to prevent this any idea of cost of these please?