Did You Live In Shiregreen?

i know the morleys they use to go in club on bellhouse road just down from horseshoe they lived up road from my grandma mrs bond she lived at 460 windmill lane

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 14:46 ----------

hi threedogman Mrs Bond was my grandma i use to go in club with her sunday afternoons

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 14:51 ----------

hi janie-m you must be talking about the wrong Bonds on windmill lane cause they still live there my grandmother died in 1977 but my uncle still lives there now

Hi I lived on Homestead Road from 1963 - 1980. It was a lovely place to live then. I left Sheffield over 30 year's ago so cannot comment on what it is like now.

anyone know elizabeth and maureen johnson who lived in shiregreen in the 1960s?

I knew an albert

Hi Sandy and Rodney,

Here are a few names he might remember from the St Christophers junior football team.

David White

David Markham

Malcolm Seemley

Mick Swift

Jack Lunn

Tony Arno

Derek Tingle

Keith Goddard

Williamson

Turner

Gunter Hibberd

I remember walking from Bellhouse road to Burncross road and back just after the move. I now live at Burncross. I'll send a PM

Please send me another PM and I can pass on his email address so you can catch up.

Hello Nik84,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I've only just come back to this thread, silly me.Too busy rabbiting elsewhere ! Yes tell your dad he's right, my name was Susan France and I lived next door but one to him. We moved down south in 1966. Please give him my regards. I'm not on facebook. :)

didnt you have a brother called Alan?

Shiregreen used to be a lovely area especially Low Shiregreen in the 1950's. Woolley Wood School only had one class for each year, so we all grew up together, before going to different schools after the 11+

Same with Firth Park. Used to all go there for the Whit Sing on Whit Monday and the park was full. Don't know whose idea it was for the traffic system there now, but it causes chaos.Was once a thriving shopping area. Like everywhere else now, run down.

Such a shame

Tigersoul did you know Valerie Cranmer who lived on Godric in the 60s, she was a school friend of mine.

didnt you have a brother called Alan?

No, Alan is my cousin. He has two sisters and they lived on Mason Lathe Road.

I lived on Oaks Fold Road.

hi,

i wondered if anyone could help me?

I'm trying to find some information about a family named chapman.

they lived on ivy hall road, shiregreen?

names related are: pamela chapman, john william chapman, michael alen chapman and a david john chapman?

any help appreciated.

I recently went back to Hadfield House Lane, some how it looked different, the penny dropped. The trees had grown a lot since 1947.

Hi I wounded if you knew my mother in law she lives at 106 Hatfield house lane she was born there in 1939 her name is Margaret Rawson and she had a older sister called Pauline ?

Hi Joeemcon, Did Pauline Rawson go to Owler Lane Inter. A dark haired girl with a rather strident voice when she wanted. She used to make us "fusty firsts" take notice, I think she must have been a prefect if it is the same person.

Hi Joeemcon, Did Pauline Rawson go to Owler Lane Inter. A dark haired girl with a rather strident voice when she wanted. She used to make us "fusty firsts" take notice, I think she must have been a prefect if it is the same person.

Hi leftin60,I've just asked my mother in law if Pauline went to Owler Lane and she did . I thought it was her you was talking about when you mentioned her voice .Did you live near her or just go to the same school ?