Did You Live In Shiregreen?

??? amr127, identify!

I have PM'd you.

spotted in asda. still regularly meet with lesley hoare and joanne frost, where has everyone from school gone? there were thousands of us, you went to beck road too eh? got around that area.

spotted in asda. still regularly meet with lesley hoare and joanne frost, where has everyone from school gone? there were thousands of us, you went to beck road too eh? got around that area.

I rarely see anybody from school nowadays. I am very good friends with Gary Hudson, he was our best man and i was his. Mum still lives on beck rd and my sister on woolley wood rd.

carol, sure she was in my sister, jaynes year, i remember her. as for gary hudson, our families have lads of history, last saw him partaking in some kind of fitness session at concord. looks like he looksafter himself. in fact, we were all quite sporty on our lane, all that knocking and running i suspect. we are at kimberworth, for the short term anyway, due to move soon. think we should have massive school reunion.

carol, sure she was in my sister, jaynes year, i remember her. as for gary hudson, our families have lads of history, last saw him partaking in some kind of fitness session at concord. looks like he looksafter himself. in fact, we were all quite sporty on our lane, all that knocking and running i suspect. we are at kimberworth, for the short term anyway, due to move soon. think we should have massive school reunion.

His wife's a fitness instructor and he helps her out with classes which I also attend. Gary's mum still lives in the same house on Deep Lane, she must be in her 90's now but still going strong.

just read a post janner put on here about living on shirehall road and wondered if you could help me i delieve my grandmother lived on there about that time wondered if you knew her her name was dorethey thomas or smith dont know which name she used then there was also someone called ward lived on there at same time

Just wondering how many people are from S5 erea.

Im not from Shiregreen but from Stubbin that is near Shiregreen.

How many are from both areas?

Just curius.

hi,where abouts on stubbin lane did you live???i lived just off stubbin on tideswell road,

i was born in 1967 and lived at 29 deep lane, thought we were fairly infamous at one time (hickey's). we knew who lived in what house, kids, pets etc. we were all very good friends with neighbours and most of our lane attended beck school before firth park, fond memories of the monkey and ape trail, dellagio, british bulldog outside the moody's house. how many times ive knocked on 'baldy's' doir, and been unable to run for laughing. posting dog poo through letter boxes plus many more antics, loved every minute of living there, its where my heart will always be.

Are you one of the Hickey family that included , John , Linda and Sharron ?

John used to play football for the "Horse Shoe" on Bellhouse road ( sadly long gone ) Sharron ?( not sure of spelling ) used to go to the local youth clubs , "White Rose " , " St Patricks " and "ST Christophers" , there was a youthie most night`s with some brilliant kids , love to see some of them again before I go ( we`re not getting any younger ) .:hihi:

anyone know elizabeth and maureen johnson who lived in shiregreen in the 1960s?

I lived on Homestead Road from 1963 - 1980. Went to Hartley Brook School then Firth Park Comprehensive.

I have a photo of my mother holding me when I was a baby. It's winter & she is standing in the snow on Shirehall Rd. I have an impression that we were the first occupants in a new house. The photo is about 81 years ago, is there anyone else who lived on the estate then?

I was born in No 5 Godric Road in 1966 (sad to say there's no blue plaque on the wall though!). I grew up in Shiregreen even after we moved to Lane Top when I was 12 and I used to spend most of my time down the Brook and on the estate with my mates, cycling back home after.

I have nothing but fond memories of the whole place when I was a kid. I still drive and cycle through there regularly and my best mate lives on Gatty Road so I can honestly say that it really isn't as bad as people want to paint it. You will always have an element of troublesome people where ever people gather, but it is much better now than it used to be when it seemed to take a dip about 20 years ago. It's sad that the Penguin has gone the way of all the other locals now though.

All in all Shiregreen has a population who are linked to the place and I still find it as I always have. I've lived in Manchester and Spain and I've worked all over the country but I've always been proud to say that I am from Shiregreen and I always will. :love: