Did You Live In Shiregreen?

Anyone remember a Janet Dent lived Shiregreen about 1960 - she was my bridesmaid but lost touch

I live near hartley brook shops and have done for 11 years.We own our own home we bought it private not off the council and we take pride in our home!!!Most idiots that make a mess and hang around causing trouble don't even live on Shiregreen.

yes it's bad people parking on the grass verges and something needs to be done about it in shiregreen, but how can you say homeowners are the worst offenders. prove it! i'm sure there must be good and bad council tenants and the same must be true for homeowners. have you done an extensive survey? do you know who owns every car you've seen parked on the verge? if you haven't you can't back up your claim and hence your views have no statistical basis. please avoid sweeping statements. one thing that is a worry is the speed that some people drive on the narrrow streets.

I know for a fact, that's the case in the imediate vacinity of my home!!

hi there just been reading your message and thought id let you know that dereck darby died about a month ago,apperently it was suicide.a friend of mine knew him and she was quite shocked,sorry if you didnt know.

i used to go to wincobank concord and then hinde house schools. wouldnt send a dog there now. horrid place!!!!!!

We moved to Deep Lane in 1958 when I was 10 years old. Coming from the slums of Hillsborough it seemed like Hollywood at the time. I lived there until I married in 1971. The place has really gone to the dogs now, but so has a lot of this country :gag:

Its not that bad. Its no worse than any others.:)

That's not saying much, many parts of Sheffield are bloody awful :gag:

I started teaching at Shiregreen Middle School in the late seventies.. Kids include Andy Matthews, Gary Fothergill, Rowding Family, Flint Family, Walches etc Teachers were Pete Inman, Bernard Priest, Gwen Marsden, Mike Mahoney, Jim Friar, Dave Hutton etc.

i used to go to wincobank concord and then hinde house schools. wouldnt send a dog there now. horrid place!!!!!!

when did you got to wincobank, concord and hinde house?

:| :| Bloke i know derrick darby lives on shiregreen, hesgot a couple of pubs, anyone no him?

Derrick Darby ?? about 40ish?? died last year dont know if its the same one ..

I have lived in shiregreen all my life.i lived on hartley brook rd and when i had my kids i moved to mason lathe road its a nice place to live we take our kids to the park a lot there is some people who dont look after there houses but there is a lot who do look after there homes. Its a shame about all the idiots who hang around the shops they need to get a life and a job. theres one thing that really gets on my nerves is that when all these young thugs trash things on the shops no one says anything to them ,i do i cant help but say some thing maybe if people stood up to them the estate wouldnt be as bad.

Derrick Darby ?? about 40ish?? died last year dont know if its the same one ..

Derrick Darby, 41, passed away in January 2007 1 week before his birthday, heartattack R.I.P