Did You Live In Shiregreen?

I don't remember Ron Pymm but Sylvia Pymm was in my class at Hartley Brook junior, l think she lived in Hartleybrook Road near to Sonja Ramsdon.

---------- Post added 28-09-2018 at 09:47 ----------

I lived on Homestead Road from 1942 until 1965. It was a lovely road with well cared for houses and gardens especially the garden on what we called 'The Oval' which was looked after by Council workmen!!

My music teacher lived in Homestead Rd, Miss Dyson/ Mrs Savage l stopped piano lessons when l was 14yrs (1953) pleading to busy at school;)

Edited by leftin60
to add to post

I went to HBS from 1945/6 to 1950.

In retropect l think the Pymms lived further down HB rd. not so near the Ramsden's who lived at the bottom of Gregg House rd. I also seem to remember Sylvia had an older sister, but not sure about that. A lot of water has run under the bridge since then:)

Thank you for replying I'm just trying to find out if my dad Ronald Pymm had anymore family around that area

Hello, does anyone know Mick Oxley who lived on Hartley brook road? The reason I’m trying to find his is because he’s an old friend of my husband Bert who is now 81 now, he’s been talking about him a lot lately and the number we had for him no longer works. :help::confused:

I know a Mick Oxley but he would probably be around 70. Did he have a nickname?

Hi most people knew him as rod he had an older sister called Rita and his dad was george

I know a Mick Oxley but he would probably be around 70. Did he have a nickname?

Hello, my husband Bert wilson, always called him Mick and he said he’ll definitely be in his 70s hopefully you both know the same Mick

Hello, my husband Bert wilson, always called him Mick and he said he’ll definitely be in his 70s hopefully you both know the same Mick

I will ask him the next time I see him although I don't know when that will be.

Hello, does anyone know Mick Oxley who lived on Hartley brook road? The reason I’m trying to find his is because he’s an old friend of my husband Bert who is now 81 now, he’s been talking about him a lot lately and the number we had for him no longer works. :help::confused:

Thank you very much

---------- Post added 29-09-2018 at 22:54 ----------

I will ask him the next time I see him although I don't know when that will be.

Thank you very much

Hi Timbuck where abouts on Shiregreen did you live? I was born in January 1941 on Kepple Road.

hi steelerblade I was born in january 1938 on woolley wood road

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 20:18 ----------

hi aroddbo i lived on woolley wood road and i remember the turton family i lived a few houses down the road from them

Hi everyone,just found this site while internet browsing,

My Grandparents lived at 192 Foxglove Rd,they were Jim & Winifred Mabbott,they had 3 children,Audrey,William(Bill,my Dad)and Keith,

Does anyone remember them,i can remember playing in the road and walking to the shops down Bellhouse road as a child in the 70;s

I,ve told my Dad about this site so hopefully someone may remember them,

Thanks all.