Did You Live In Shiregreen?

Thanks for your message, I well remember Roy Mansfield he is on my cine film leading the scout troup up Bellhouse Road, He will know me from being head server and leader of the youth club/ re: Newton Chambers I started 1954 after leaving school and worked in Warren Lane factory up to 1968 so our paths would not have crossed there but may well have if you had any connection with St Christophers/the vicar was Philip Cawood during the good days!
The same Vicar went with us on a Scout camping holiday at "Carlton Le Moorland" in Lincolnshire, Mr Littlewood and Roy Mansfield went as well...We all got flooded out and spent the rest of the week in the village church hall.....Great holiday tho'.

Timbuck I've just rerun the cine film and it was in the period when the next vicar was in post ie Mr. Scot. The base drummer is clear to see and looks very proffessional with lots of over drum waving of drum sticks would this still be you? date wise it would have been between 1965 to 67 ish the title is Rogation day Parade. I would have been involved with the youth club having left the scouts when I did National Service in 1960.I have the happiest of memories of those times.

Timbuck I've just rerun the cine film and it was in the period when the next vicar was in post ie Mr. Scot. The base drummer is clear to see and looks very proffessional with lots of over drum waving of drum sticks would this still be you? date wise it would have been between 1965 to 67 ish the title is Rogation day Parade. I would have been involved with the youth club having left the scouts when I did National Service in 1960.I have the happiest of memories of those times.

When I was playing the bass drum I used to hit the drum over top a lot..but I gave up the Scouts when I was 16 in 1955 when I discovered Rock n Roll. I missed out on the National Service co's I was born 2 months too late.

Timbuck The guy playing the big drum looks much older than 16 so I'm looking at a time 10 years later. We must be similar ages if you were 16 in 1955 so was I. I left Hatfield House Lane school in Easter 1954 and went to Newton Chambers apprentice school so we must have missed each other by months. What else were you involved with at the church?

Yeah binty know ya used to live here,get ur @rse back ya bugger xxx

hi, my father and family lived on Keppel Rd from the 30s. Flanagans. Do you remember them ?

Hi Shaun yes I remember the Flanagans. I remember Eddy,Vincent,and Brian. 'Flan' as she was known lived next door to the Lloyds. I had a sister called Joy who until recently lived at Grimesthorpe on the same road as your dad Vincent?

Anyone live near/on Ivy Hall Rd?

I used to :D Quite fancy coming back an all.

Hi Shaun yes I remember the Flanagans. I remember Eddy,Vincent,and Brian. 'Flan' as she was known lived next door to the Lloyds. I had a sister called Joy who until recently lived at Grimesthorpe on the same road as your dad Vincent?

Hi Steelerblade

My dad was Brian, he passed away a couple of years ago. Eddy, Vin and Terry still going strong though.

I'm exiled in Rotherham myself.

On my visits back to Shiregreen I was most impressed by the magnificent views you had from the top of Bellhouse Road looking over towards Wentworth you could see Elsecar church and many of the Wentworth follies like keppels column and Hoober stand, in hindsight I realize I took all this for granted when I lived there but a vista like this would have had a very benificial effect on my outlook on life. I guess I was fortunate to have lived in such a beautiful place.

Shell would carry ur stuff from Manor to get u back down here chuck xxx

Shell would carry ur stuff from Manor to get u back down here chuck xxx

You soft sh*t :hihi: