11 aside friendly (lillies dream) 29/06

Great day had by all who turned out, and i've got a sprained ankle to prove i played!!!

Hello all,

We raised the grand sum of £656.86, after sending a donation (thanks to St John’s ambulance for reducing their fees which should have been over £100 to a ‘donation’) of £50 I will be posting £610 on Lillie’s wish to walk site – probably on Tuesday.

I will attempt to post here a roll of honour. If I miss anyone out – please forgive me.

All named here have helped in some way.

The amount raised is a tribute to the donations of raffle prizes and other goods – they were all worth a total of over £800. It is still an amazing amount to say we had very few spectators turn up today - Many thanks to those of you who did 

Huge thanks to my family, Pete, Tom, Mike, Fi , Mom and Aunty Sheila who have put up with this taking precedence for the last few weeks – I’ll be back with you as usual from tomorrow.

Thanks to Linda (and Den) without whom I would not have taken it on at all and I guess Corks needs to take some ‘blame’ :hihi: here too for the initial momentum and a couple of raffle prizes.

Jon Binney GSK for all players & Ref’s gifts, England shirts plus a couple of great prizes.

Andrew Swift (plus Jason & Liz) for organising us the most amazing prizes, stewarding plus holding down gazebos 

Luke (Webby) for getting Thorncliffe to agree to host us at a super spot, getting the ref (phew!) sorting posts, nets etc.

Thanks very much to all at Thorncliffe 

Lewis (Bladeseela) for raising the most in ‘sponsorship’ with the assistance of the good people of Thorncliffe club - therefore winning Paul Blade’s generously donated case of Bud!

Karen May & Vicky for all their kind donations for the raffle and Tombola.

My Mom, Nic Mettham, Fiona Hanson, and Lisa Hood for gorgeous baked goodies.

SWFC & SUFC for match tickets.

Sheffield & Hallamshire for permission to play & promoting on their website.

Cheryl & Andy Clay at The Plough.

Brown’s Bar & Brasserie.

Butlers Balti House.

Co-op (Constable Road especially) – no comment please Monza!

McDonalds.

Lynne Allen who provided invaluable assistance today & My Tom for manning the food stall.

Jean Bermingham, Rossyrooney & Uncle Dennis who bought loads of raffle tickets!

Jane Cotterill; Denise Danford; Gemma Meeson; Terry & Marie (Denlins Pals); Paul Blade; Gazza; Bypass Blade; Rossyrooney;, Monzaman; Curriechick & anyone else who donated, bought raffle tickets, had a go on the Tombola or bought baked goods today 

Lillie’s Team players:-

Luke (Webby)

Richard (Owl.66 – who was an absolute bloomin’ star – made some brilliant reactionary saves including a double one!)

Jamie Christian

Mike J Simon

Neal (S2Blade- thanks so much for sorting players out)

John (JC02 – who came all the way from Nottingham –great ball control Pal)

Robbie Loving – better late than never and one of your lads did come on eventually - :hihi: Cheers Pal for Captaining too!

Ryan Chris Brunt

Lewis Slater Ashley – very promising player!

(I think I am missing someone from Lillie’s team but for the life of me I can’t remember who it is – someone help!)

Playing for Sheffield Forum FC

Many thanks to David (Pink2Bubble) for getting them sorted 

Shane Middlebrook, Liam Wales

Tom Gray, Daniel Sheedy

Nathan Jenkins, Dan Patterson

Ashley Tyler, Thomas Hunaishi

Jake Goodinson, Richard Patterson

Shane Eggleton, Matt Scoff Craig Patterson & Dale Vella

(I hope)

That's all folks!!!! :hihi:

hey its Ryan my plus one YOU MISSED :hihi:

Wey hey he's only gained a couple of friends ..well they call them "BLISTERS":P

Edited by owl.66

Great day had by all who turned out, and i've got a sprained ankle to prove i played!!!

It's all part of the fun pal :)

Superstars each and every one of you who played TBH I didn't see most of the 2nd half as I was sat at the pub having a coffee (honestly ask Gazza and Monzaman) just the goals

Well done to Laurie and Linda without whom it would not have taken Place and a Big Hi to all the 'new' people I met today it was a pleasure to put names to peoples tags

Pleasure to meet you too Paul, it makes you realise what great folk there still are about doesn't it?

It's all part of the fun pal :)

Very much so pal, just made me realise today how out of shape i really am, so will be doing something about that, might even pop down to the local team on a thursday night enjoyed it that much.

Very much so pal, just made me realise today how out of shape i really am, so will be doing something about that, might even pop down to the local team on a thursday night enjoyed it that much.

That's the spirit pal :)

Superstars each and every one of you who played TBH I didn't see most of the 2nd half as I was sat at the pub having a coffee (honestly ask Gazza and Monzaman) just the goals

Well done to Laurie and Linda without whom it would not have taken Place and a Big Hi to all the 'new' people I met today it was a pleasure to put names to peoples tags

Well done to all who organised todays match,you put a lot of work in and you deserve all the praise your getting.

Nice to meet some more footy forum members.Had a good chat with paul(he's a big chap) and gazza(are you sure your an owl as we seem to get on ok LOL).Also got to put faces to names of denlin and rossyrooney.

Looking forward to meet in July if we can get one organised and we could even invite aaron,warnock and megson(that should liven it up)

That's the spirit pal :)

I don't think I actually met you but do recall a player with 'Shackleton' (as in your sig) on his shirt was that you m8y?

Pleasure to meet you too Paul, it makes you realise what great folk there still are about doesn't it?

Lin, I think youve found your calling in life being a fundraiser for charity. Youll be getting the MBE next !:hihi:

Lin, I think youve found your calling in life being a fundraiser for charity. Youll be getting the MBE next !:hihi:

Not sure what Linda thinks of that but when I 'asked' Laurie what she was doing next, I'm not quite sure what she said as it was windy, but I'm sure the second word was off :hihi::hihi::hihi: