11 aside friendly (lillies dream) 29/06

Good morning Denlin :)

Feeling fit Matt?

Morning campers

---------- Post added 29-06-2013 at 09:10 ----------

Are you ready for half time Linda and Laurie cos I am

What a brilliant day it turned out to be. Not only did all the people who gave up their time get to meet the little sweetheart who all this is for and I have to say heartfelt thanks for the sterling effort of Laurie and all the others who made it a day to remember. From a personal point of view I got to meet sOme of the forummers I have been dying to meet (not lterally) Bypassblade, Paul Blade, Gazzer to name but a few but the icing on the cake was meeting my forum hero ROSSYROONEY

Edited by denlin

:What a great game great day great team, the result doesn't matter as

Even though we run out with a 3.0 loss ..

LAURIE what a tremendously big pat on the back you deserve :thumbsup:

PS DENLIN what another star :D

Edited by owl.66

Really well done to all the organisers and helpers for such a sterling effort, it makes me proud to know that there are folk out there more than willing to put in the extra mile to help someone else.

Top class people ... all of you.

Massive congratulations to everybody who took part, special mentions for Potlegs and Laurie didn't meet as many people as I would have liked today but the ones I shook hands with were first class, I'm defo out on the next forum meet let's get it sorted :)

Hello all,

We raised the grand sum of £656.86, after sending a donation (thanks to St John’s ambulance for reducing their fees which should have been over £100 to a ‘donation’) of £50 I will be posting £610 on Lillie’s wish to walk site – probably on Tuesday.

I will attempt to post here a roll of honour. If I miss anyone out – please forgive me.

All named here have helped in some way.

The amount raised is a tribute to the donations of raffle prizes and other goods – they were all worth a total of over £800. It is still an amazing amount to say we had very few spectators turn up today - Many thanks to those of you who did 

Huge thanks to my family, Pete, Tom, Mike, Fi , Mom and Aunty Sheila who have put up with this taking precedence for the last few weeks – I’ll be back with you as usual from tomorrow.

Thanks to Linda (and Den) without whom I would not have taken it on at all and I guess Corks needs to take some ‘blame’ :hihi: here too for the initial momentum and a couple of raffle prizes.

Jon Binney GSK for all players & Ref’s gifts, England shirts plus a couple of great prizes.

Andrew Swift (plus Jason & Liz) for organising us the most amazing prizes, stewarding plus holding down gazebos 

Luke (Webby) for getting Thorncliffe to agree to host us at a super spot, getting the ref (phew!) sorting posts, nets etc.

Thanks very much to all at Thorncliffe 

Lewis (Bladeseela) for raising the most in ‘sponsorship’ with the assistance of the good people of Thorncliffe club - therefore winning Paul Blade’s generously donated case of Bud!

Karen May & Vicky for all their kind donations for the raffle and Tombola.

My Mom, Nic Mettham, Fiona Hanson, Lisa Hood and Curriechick for gorgeous baked goodies.

SWFC & SUFC for match tickets.

Sheffield & Hallamshire for permission to play & promoting on their website.

Cheryl & Andy Clay at The Plough.

Brown’s Bar & Brasserie.

Butlers Balti House.

Co-op (Constable Road especially)

McDonalds.

Lynne Allen who provided invaluable assistance today & My Tom for manning the food stall.

Jean Bermingham, Rossyrooney & Uncle Dennis who bought loads of raffle tickets!

Jane Cotterill; Denise Danford; Gemma Meeson; Terry & Marie (Denlins Pals); Paul Blade; Gazza; Bypass Blade; Rossyrooney;, Monzaman; Curriechick & anyone else who donated, bought raffle tickets, had a go on the Tombola or bought baked goods today 

Lillie’s Team players:-

Luke (Webby)

Richard (Owl.66 – who was an absolute bloomin’ star – made some brilliant reactionary saves including a double one!)

Jamie Christian

Mike J Simon

Neal (S2Blade- thanks so much for sorting players out)

John (JC02 – who came all the way from Nottingham –great ball control Pal)

Robbie Loving – better late than never and one of your lads did come on eventually - :hihi: Cheers Pal for Captaining too!

Ryan Chris Brunt

Lewis Slater Ashley – very promising player!

(I think I am missing someone from Lillie’s team but for the life of me I can’t remember who it is – someone help!)

Playing for Sheffield Forum FC

Many thanks to David (Pink2Bubble) for getting them sorted 

Shane Middlebrook, Liam Wales

Tom Gray, Daniel Sheedy

Nathan Jenkins, Dan Patterson

Ashley Tyler, Thomas Hunaishi

Jake Goodinson, Richard Patterson

Shane Eggleton, Matt Scoff Craig Patterson & Dale Vella

(I hope)

That's all folks!!!! :hihi:

Edited by potlegs

I only intended to come and watch the game, I'm glad I got involved with such a great event but all the hard work was down to Laurie and her family, what stars they are:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hello all,

We raised the grand sum of £656.86, after sending a donation (thanks to St John’s ambulance for reducing their fees which should have been over £100 to a ‘donation’) of £50 I will be posting £610 on Lillie’s wish to walk site – probably on Tuesday.

I will attempt to post here a roll of honour. If I miss anyone out – please forgive me.

The amount raised is a tribute to the donations of raffle prizes and other goods – they were all worth a total of over £800. It is still an amazing amount to say we had very few spectators turn up today - Many thanks to those of you who did 

Huge thanks to my family, Pete, Tom, Mike, Fi , Mom and Aunty Sheila who have put up with this taking precedence for the last few weeks – I’ll be back with you as usual from tomorrow.

Thanks to Linda (and Den) without whom I would not have taken it on at all and I guess Corks needs to take some ‘blame’ :hihi: here too for the initial momentum and a couple of raffle prizes.

Jon Binney GSK for all players & Ref’s gifts, England shirts plus a couple of great prizes.

Andrew Swift (plus Jason & Liz) for organising us the most amazing prizes, stewarding plus holding down gazebos 

Luke (Webby) for getting Thorncliffe to agree to host us at a super spot, getting the ref (phew!) sorting posts, nets etc.

Lewis (Bladeseela) for raising the most in ‘sponsorship’ with the assistance of the good people of Thorncliffe club - therefore winning Paul Blade’s generously donated case of Bud!

My Mom, Nic Mettham, Fiona Hanson, and Lisa Hood for gorgeous baked goodies.

Brown’s Bar & Brasserie.

Butlers Balti House.

Co-op (Constable Road especially) – no comment please Monza!

McDonalds.

Lynne Allen who provided invaluable assistance today & My Tom for manning the food stall.

Jane Cotterill; Denise Danford; Gemma Meeson; Terry & Marie (Denlins Pals); Paul Blade; Gazza; Bypass Blade; Rossyrooney;, Monzaman; Curriechick & anyone else who donated, bought raffle tickets, had a go on the Tombola or bought baked goods today 

Luke (Webby)

Richard (Owl.66 – who was an absolute bloomin’ star – made some brilliant reactionary saves including a double one!)

Jamie Christian

Mike J Simon

Robbie Loving – better late than never and one of your lads did come on eventually - :hihi: Cheers Pal for Captaining too!

Ryan Chris Brunt

(I think I am missing someone from Lillie’s team but for the life of me I can’t remember who it is – someone help!)

Tom Gray, Daniel Sheedy

(I hope)

Your an inspiration love, what a cracking job thanks so much xxx

Hello all,

My Mom, Nic Mettham, Fiona Hanson, and Lisa Hood for gorgeous baked goodies.

Brown’s Bar & Brasserie.

Butlers Balti House.

Co-op (Constable Road especially) – no comment please Monza!

McDonalds.

Luke (Webby)

Jamie Christian

Mike J Simon

Ryan Chris Brunt

Tom Gray, Daniel Sheedy

(I hope)

And most of all thank you ! :):):):) a true gem .

Hope Lille liked the shirt :)

Thanks everyone for a great game

Denlin (Linda) phoned me up on my way back from Newark. Her first words were " Pat, weve had a great day. You would have LOVED it !!":)

........... and I met Rossyrooney and Bypassblade and so many other lovely people:D:love: