Sheffield punk scene

Are there still any of the old punks /ex punks/skinheads stillout there from the marples/ top rank./ limit days who would still go to local gigs,,

there are a few bands still on the go,that never went away..

CHEERS

wasnt quite old enough to go to the marples :(

top rank was roxys when i was in mi prime (presume thats where it was)

only went to the limit 2 or 3 times before it shut lol

I was a punk down south south from about 79ish onwards, so never had any involvement with the Sheffield scene, but I'd be interested in hearing about local gigs. Apart from anything else, I've recently joined a Doncaster punk band (on bass) and we'll be looking to start gigging this year.

Edited by EbonyBranch
typos

I was a punk down south south from about 79ish onwards, so never had any involvement with the Sheffield scene, but I'd be interested in hearing about local gigs. Apart from anything else, I've recently joined a Doncaster punk band (on bass) and we'll be looking to start gigging this year.

cool what ya called?

i missed bands like the mau maus, local bands i used to see were GGF, truth decay, dog soldier, plague dogs, human perogrative, blind mole rat, slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump

mostly at the hallamshire hotel and take 2

Are there still any of the old punks /ex punks/skinheads stillout there from the marples/ top rank./ limit days who would still go to local gigs,,

there are a few bands still on the go,that never went away..

CHEERS

Yep,still some of us around ;)

Not Top Rank but Marples/Limit/Hallamshire/Take2 etc

also went to top rank,take two,limit, leadmill,marples,hallamshire,rat trap, rebels punk night,rotherhams sub club...........great times:headbang::banana::clap:

I liked bands such as anal tap, bar-b-cued bambie, Ran Syd Puss, Fudge Packers, Tasty Testes. Great days being spat on , nothing like it since unless you like a walk through Darnall at night.

what about the poly ? uk subs , the damned ! then the leadmill, Dead kennedys , crass . merry times ! oh , and Rat records , cooooooooooool shop.

mornin phil !

goo to hear a few comments on here,,, wold be good to see bands local again.. , splodge one of my faves,

paranoid visions are the best band around at the moment, theyve just got better and better with age, their last 3 or so studio albums are awesome, since they reformed.

dont think theyve ever played sheff?

what about the poly ? uk subs , the damned ! then the leadmill, Dead kennedys , crass . merry times ! oh , and Rat records , cooooooooooool shop.

mornin phil !

Good evening Carlos40.....