Sheffield Takeaways Don't Help Themselves

You can cook a decent Chinese in minutes so why spend £££s on dubious food from dirty kitchens?Chinese food is notorious for superfluous additives such as MSC.

you can make a poor attempt that you think is chinese "style" its not the real thing, how rude to insinuate !!! dubious food!! dirty kitchens!! unfai!!, chinese food is probably the most healthy fast food available ....if its done well, as for MSC i think you will find most takeaway food and mass produced has some in it, and anyway if you want a chinese takeaway who are you to preach:roll::roll:

you can make a poor attempt that you think is chinese "style" its not the real thing, how rude to insinuate !!! dubious food!! dirty kitchens!! unfai!!, chinese food is probably the most healthy fast food available ....if its done well, as for MSC i think you will find most takeaway food and mass produced has some in it, and anyway if you want a chinese takeaway who are you to preach:roll::roll:

Sorry, but isn't that like saying that anyone that goes for a carvery is incapable of cooking a decent sunday roast?

MSC-shoud it be MSG?To cook Chinese food you need a wok ingredients and some skill,not a lot but some.My forte is sichuan and Cantonese.Are you a Hong Kong style man Adam?

I guess you really like your Chinese eh

Sorry, but isn't that like saying that anyone that goes for a carvery is incapable of cooking a decent sunday roast?

No, because a Sunday roast is easy to cook with nigh on zero skill. Cooking several proper chinese dishes to the standard of a good takeaway isn't easy.

I haven't had a chinese for a while as we usually have Indian, but Lovely House on Base Green were superb the times we used them.

To the OP - difficult to order a takeaway? We have dozens of menus in the cupboard and get at least another 3-4 every week.

Takeaways are a con. Cook for yourself at home, the food is better quality, cheaper, and you know exactly what your getting. It boggles my mind that so many people waste money on takeaways and home deliveries.

Its becoming impossible to find the phone number for a lot of chinese takeaways as they go to Justeat. Theres one on Chesterfield Road that do 4 dishes for £11 or something, cant find their number on Google any more, but the same 4 dishes via Justeat will cost £20, PLUS a delivery fee which is free otherwise. I used to get their menu through the door monthly, and now haven't had it in about a year.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Takeaways are a con. Cook for yourself at home, the food is better quality, cheaper, and you know exactly what your getting. It boggles my mind that so many people waste money on takeaways and home deliveries.

A con? A confidence trick? How is that? You see the menu, and pricing. You know what you are getting and are willing to pay the price - no "con".

Some of us can't be bothered to cook all the time and have enough money to pay the insignificant sums that their meals cost.

Some of us can't even be bothered to drive to collect it - let them bring it to us.

You can cook a decent Chinese in minutes so why spend £££s on dubious food from dirty kitchens?Chinese food is notorious for superfluous additives such as MSC.

Indeed those Peking ducks only need a week or two to marinade and dry. You can knock one up in a trice.

But it will probably taste crap.

Indeed those Peking ducks only need a week or two to marinade and dry. You can knock one up in a trice.

But it will probably taste crap.

Most stockists have them ready prepared for the trade,but you have to supply your own beaks.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 09:54 ----------

What's the point of ringing them up unless you know what they have on the menu?

Most have standardised menus,and sometimes the same prices.Most so-called Chinese food is an American hybrid emanating from SF,CA.

its usually the opposite most carverys are pretty dire, a good home cooked sunday roast beats any carvery imo.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 10:36 ----------

MSC-shoud it be MSG?To cook Chinese food you need a wok ingredients and some skill,not a lot but some.My forte is sichuan and Cantonese.Are you a Hong Kong style man Adam?

yes correction MSG mono sodium glutomate, yes the right ingredients and quite a lot of skill, i dont try and cook it as i cant replicate the flavours, i like the real thing and have eaten in Hunan,guandong and hong kong!! most takeaways will do you a genuine dish if asked.

its usually the opposite most carverys are pretty dire, a good home cooked sunday roast beats any carvery imo.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 10:36 ----------

yes correction MSG mono sodium glutomate, yes the right ingredients and quite a lot of skill, i dont try and cook it as i cant replicate the flavours, i like the real thing and have eaten in Hunan,guandong and hong kong!! most takeaways will do you a genuine dish if asked.

They never cook wok I want to so I buy in the key ingredients and do my own.