Sexual discrimination at the hairdressers?

Is sexual discrimination at the hairdressers acceptable  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is sexual discrimination at the hairdressers acceptable

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • Only if my husband is paying!

I think hair cuts should be based on the weight of hair removed,so that charges are related to effort.I personally think it is because women talk more and it takes the cutter longer as they focus on conversation not conservation(of looks)

I personally think it is because women talk more and it takes the cutter longer as they focus on conversation not conservation(of looks)

Is this not sex discrimination?

Yes...:hihi:

You get a hair trimmer with about six interchangeable blades a good pair of scissors two mirrors and start very slowly until you get hang of it. I voted no by the way.

In more innocent times you could ask for a blow job in a hairdressers without getting a smack around the face.

Wow £5. Last time I had my hair cut it was about £42. So pointless unless you are getting a proper style. If I want a trim I get my mum to do it!

Gent's trim £4.

Ladies trim £5.

Assuming the work required is identical, then yes, it is.

Perhaps women pay more for the extra conversation!

Gent's trim £4.

Ladies trim £5.

I discriminate against hairdressers. I trim my own with scissors and a hand held razor blade powered trimming gadget, and have done so for over 15 years. You just need a fixed mirror, good light, and practice.

I thought this economical bent came from Sheffield with my mother, but when I was in the UK in 2011 I learned my paternal line originally came to Cornwall from Scotland, before moving to Oz in the 1890s. ;)

In more innocent times you could ask for a blow job in a hairdressers without getting a smack around the face.

next time make sure its a female cutter as most male barbers no longer execute this service.