Sexual discrimination at the hairdressers?

Is sexual discrimination at the hairdressers acceptable  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is sexual discrimination at the hairdressers acceptable

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • Only if my husband is paying!

Quite a few, personally I find it expensive. Cheaper to buy hair trimmers and do it yourself. Mine broke though, so now I have a big mop.

I mop the wig if I am going to the Bankers. Most charge between 8 and 10 notes though. Help the Sheffield folk and name a 4 note haircutters please! :D

I mop the wig if I am going to the Bankers. Most charge between 8 and 10 notes though. Help the Sheffield folk and name a 4 note haircutters please! :D

It's not in Sheffield. Surely you can get haircut in Sheff for UNDER £4 though.

It's not in Sheffield. Surely you can get haircut in Sheff for UNDER £4 though.

Never seen one :(

Sexual discrimination at the hairdressers has no place in a fair society! (For once I'm sticking up for women).

Women should still make house and rear children mind you.

Denmark, which like its Nordic neighbours prides itself on promoting equal treatment for men and women, has taken gender equality all the way to the beauty salon.

A ruling last month by Denmark's Board of Equal Treatment effectively stated that price differences between men's and women's haircuts were illegal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265959/Denmark-rules-men-womens-haircuts-cost-SAME-PRICE.html#ixzz2Idv4FRvN

Oh yes indeedy!

Do you think sex discrimination at the hairdressers is fair? Link to topic and poll.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1108532

Denmark is leading the way.

Do you think Denmark has made the right decision?

Oh great, now he's going to be chucking frozen turnips through the windows of haircutting places after he's done with cash convertors.

Oh great, now he's going to be chucking frozen turnips through the windows of haircutting places after he's done with cash convertors.

If landlords lowered their rents, then hairdressers could lower their prices and the common man could afford to buy turnips and heat his home, instead of being forced to pawn stuff at cash converters to pay the tax on a pint! :hihi:

talking to himself now, did he forget he started the thread?

talking to himself now, did he forget he started the thread?

Thread was merged - I had started a new thread about Denmark's recent ruling... As this was a different subject!

Denmark, which like its Nordic neighbours prides itself on promoting equal treatment for men and women, has taken gender equality all the way to the beauty salon.

A ruling last month by Denmark's Board of Equal Treatment effectively stated that price differences between men's and women's haircuts were illegal.

Please can threads be separated from each other MODS?

What place charges 4 notes for a haircut? It's a steal at that price!

There's at least 3 that I know of. One in Hillsboro, one in Wombwell (Barnsley I know), and another in Firth Park. They're all called 'easy barber'.

Basically the 'stylists / barbers' work for themselves and presumably pay a percentage of the take to the owner (whoever that is) and keep the rest on a self employed basis (I'm guessing). But they're always pretty busy, and great value for money. I always go to one of them!

Link to Hillsboro one See pic http://www.192.com/atoz/business/sheffield-s6/beauty-salons/the-easy-barber/cb1769431b0a9d1a51634a3750147097ca9f0f96/comp/

---------- Post added 22-01-2013 at 05:56 ----------

Thread was merged - I had started a new thread about Denmark's recent ruling... As this was a different subject!

Please can threads be separated from each other MODS?

I might be missing something chem, but surely it's related to this topic? I can't see it warranting a thread all on it's own...surely?

Edited by PeteMorris

Well unless the hairdressers are stupid they can work their way around it. Long Hair £40, Short Hair £8.

£5 for a woman's hair cut is cheap as chips, they take aaaaaaages!