Any good remedies for sleepless nights/insomnia?

do you get enough physical activity during the day?

Hi everyone. Iv recently moved house and ever since iv had trouble sleeping. Iv had a couple of decent nights in one month! Im thinking of going to my doctor but can anyone recommend any good remedies for lack of sleep? Thanks.

Try a few drops of lavender essential oil on the pillow

Magnesium supplements can really help with sleep.

Try the supplement ZMA which contains Zinc and Magnesium to help promote sleep.

You could also try magnesium baths (epsom salts) to help relax.

Avoid stimulants in the evening: caffeine, sugary snack, etc and try to avoid computers/phones a couple of hours before bed.

Any questions drop me a line.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Acupuncture is a really effective treatment for insomnia.Simon Brooks (working at Devonshire Acupuncture) has treated many patients for insomnia. Have a look at our blog for more information:

http://www.devonshireacupuncture.co.uk/curing-insomnia-with-acupuncture/

If you would like a free confidential chat please give us a ring on 0114 3273240.

Best Wishes.

---------- Post added 02-08-2015 at 07:41 ----------

Acupuncture is a really effective treatment for insomnia.Simon Brooks (working at Devonshire Acupuncture) has treated many patients for insomnia. Have a look at our blog for more information:

http://www.devonshireacupuncture.co.uk/curing-insomnia-with-acupuncture/

If you would like a free confidential chat please give us a ring on 0114 3273240.

Best Wishes.

Try to relax well in advance of bedtime and get plenty of exercise/keep very busy, during the day time. I have had insomnia for years and have to have an exhausting day to fall asleep at night.

I have a few natural remedies I can recommend that work wondering for relaxation and a deep sleep. Yeah Magnesium is great for reducing tiredness and fatigue.

It seems that this thread has been resuscitated and I am sure that your insomnia has lifted Aidy as it tends to be a short term issue for the majority of people. For anyone else looking at this thread in order to get ideas about how to address their insomnia I can highly recommend hypnotherapy. The clue is in the name - The "hypno" bit somes from the Greek word "hypnos" which means sleep.

Rather than having an appointment with a hypnotherapist like me I would first recommend something like Paul McKenna's "I can make you sleep". If that doesn't work then perhaps a more one to one approach could be what you need.

If you want a chat about hypnotherapy and how I could help just get in touch for a confidential chat on 0114 383 0123

Partly depends on what kind of insomnia: difficulty getting off to sleep? difficulty staying asleep? early morning waking? unrefreshing sleep?

Having a very strict bedtime routine helps, nothing stimulating before bedtime, no tea or coffee within hours of bedtime, no TV or computer in your bedroom etc (referred to as 'sleep hygiene')

Talking books are good for helping get off to sleep/ waking in the night. You can download them onto an MP3 player or get them on CDs. Libraries have lots of books on CD if you want to experiment. Very good for distracting your mind if it's busy and your thoughts are keeping you awake.

If the problem persists in spite of self-help measures, suggest you see a doctor.

All the bold, plus enough physical AND mental exercise during the day time. Don`t nap in the day either. (Drinking alcohol at night can cause early waking at silly o`clock). Get up at the same time each day (even if tired) to keep the body clock right.

Bloke: "Doctor, I can't sleep at night"

Doctor: "Have you tried taking a little tipple"

Bloke: " Oh yes doc. I have four pints on my way home from work, a glass or two of red with my evening meal, and six or seven whiskys before bed"

Doctor: "What??? and you can't sleep"

Bloke: "No sir, I'm up all night....singing"

Relaxation CDs or same on utube. After a while you are asleep and the CD is still playing.!! I'm sure more people have trouble sleeping in the Winter months.

Watch Adkins` lot.

That may kill you with boredom, mind.