Veolia bin collections

Rant rant rant......:rant::rant::rant:

Am i alone in the fact that having put my blue bins out for collection i find the one with plastics in has been left with a note saying 'unable to empty' as it has contaminated plastics in....

I looked again at the note and what they class as 'contaminated' and opened the bin to check what was in there....NO CONTAMINATED PLASTIC AS HIGHLIGHTED!!

I contacted viola and raised concerns,to then be asked a checklist of what was in.....

Everything in the bin was fine until i said " oh ive just put a pastic tray from my childs selection box on the top,just before they arrived"....

To my horror and discust that is the 'contaminated' plastic :loopy:

There is no food on the tray,its plastic and to top it all off its visable to pick up and move.....

I have now had to have a special contaminated recycle lorry come and make another trip to empty my bin......even when i offered to remove the tray because its the only way to have the bin emptied until 2 weeks later!!:huh:

This is ludicrous( hope thats spelt right),any other recycle centre take any plastic and the amount this 1 tray has cost alone make me so mad ....This obviously happens alot so from now on if im unsure of the plastic its going in the black bin....totally not helping recycle but then again Viola are using fuel added and extra to what they need for stupid decisions.

Rant over :bigsmile:

You could just to annoy veolia put the "contaminated plastic" in the middle of the bin. I doubt they have time to search bins so they will have to deal with it when it goes to the depot.

leaflet? only thing I've had is the note that its contaminated and what should be in....I will add plastic selection box trays/fruit trays/carrier bags are not stated

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Wouldn't be surprised if we've had your leaflet. They've sent us loads.lol

Face it - Vieola shafted the council when they got the contract in place.

Every other recycling scheme will take any plastic, but only Vileola only want the money-making stuff - and our elected council members agreed to this farcical contract.

Correct most towns & cities i've been to will take any plastics but my understanding is that the types of plastic we are allowed to put in the bin is determined by the council not veolia.

Correct most towns & cities i've been to will take any plastics but my understanding is that the types of plastic we are allowed to put in the bin is determined by the council not veolia.

In that case we are being shafted by both vileola and our elected council members.

typical jobsworth workers

Guest sibon

I chuck any plastic into mine. I used to take it to the supermarket, but I'm not doing a trip there and a trip to the bin outside my house.

There are plenty of processes that can make use of any plastic, so in my opinion Veolia should take the lot.

I do keep a stash of wine bottles for the top of the bin though:D

This business of having to take stuff to the supermarket for recycling was never on in the first place sibon.

It don't help people not being able to burn rubbish anymore...this recycle lark is false economy once you've took into account fuel etc...

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It don't help people not being able to burn rubbish anymore.............

Since when?

Since when?

Not sure from when but this is the second house i've been in thats stated no garden fires of any sort.

Guest sibon

Has anyone contacted them to ask which bin to put the laminated tag in that they put on the bins at Christmas?

Plastic, or paper?:)