Swanky franks---woodseats

My friends and i go there a lot and have since it opened , I have never had a bad meal or been treated badly by staff, The food is top notch , I often used to go to yankees when i worked as a nanny as the children loved it there but now we all prefer Swankys, The menu is good , Pizza is amazing , the calzone is fantastic along with the burgers , i have recently been and shared a burger as i can't eat a whole one its too filling. This is one of my favorite places for a treat.

Tried Swanky Franks on Saturday night for the first time and we were all quite blown away by the reasonably priced but quality menu. Have to reserve special praise for the staff who were quite simply outstanding - a very friendly, jovial bunch of folks.

Would we go again - most definitely. Quite a discovery.

According to the waitress when we went last week, Swanky Franks is set to be re-branded as Rodeo Joe's and will launch on July 4th! Not heard any more about it and nothing on their Facebook page.

lets hope nothing else will change, I love this place and the food is great. better than sams and Yankees

can anyone let me know if they have been to swanky franks,

if so whats quality like , waiting time , do they sell alcohol, also prices

please

yes! make sure you know the prices! That's "Sheffield Essential Kit".

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:33 ----------

According to the waitress when we went last week, Swanky Franks is set to be re-branded as Rodeo Joe's and will launch on July 4th! Not heard any more about it and nothing on their Facebook page.

Strange how such a good and famous place is choosing to ditch its identity and reputation that is has built up on TripAdvisor, to be something different eh?

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:35 ----------

lets hope nothing else will change, I love this place and the food is great. better than sams and Yankees

Fab!

Sams and Yankees are Sheffield institutions. They were popular "junk-food" restaurants before "junk food" was ever talked about. Something better than an old Sheffield junk food institution doesn't quite do it for me I'm afraid.

A bit later than originally planned but it has now re-opened as Rodeo Joe's. I've not tried it yet, has anyone been?

we went there yesterday since it has re opened as rodeo joes. I have to say I don't think I will be rushing back. I loved swanky franks but this isn't a patch on what it used to be. the menu was quite small, not many options, prices have gone up but the food quality wasn't as good as it could be. my daughters food was served in a metal food bowl, the kind my nan made pies in. ours came on a plastic tea tray with some kind of grease proof paper on it. my wife ordered a Sothern fried chicken stack that came with chips and potato waffles, the chicken was a bit dry. all in all quite disappointing.

its a shame because franks was a great little place tucked a way that delivered every time, unfortunately I don't think we will be rushing back.

back to uncle sams it is now.....

That's disappointing to hear, we've not tried it yet.

I saw that a car crashed into the external wall at the front of the restaurant, I take it there was no damage to the actual building:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/latest-man-arrested-for-dangerous-driving-after-sheffield-crash-1-8115665

they have no landline or card payment machine at the moment, cash only

they have no landline or card payment machine at the moment, cash only

That tells me all I need to know,!

That tells me all I need to know,!

As a result of the accident outside isn't it, so a little unfair to tarnish them for that?