A massive thanx

To Rainresecue and Dawn at Haven rescue.

After some scum bag tied a dog to a fence in Woodhouse today, we called the police (crap) we called the dog warden (worse) we called RSPCA (rubbish)

when we had no where else to turn, we found an angel who came and took the dog.

a beautiful shar-pei cross boy, how could they just leave him. I hope they cant sleep with what they have done tying him up left in the cold it's evil.

thank god we have people like rain rescue and Dawn.

thanks Helibish - yes you did find an Angel with Dawn.

Thank god people like her give up their precious time to help and with her experience she was ok to take the terrified freezing cold dog down to the council.

You should complain to all the services that you phoned today and complain high up the ladder - not at the front line.

People like Dawn need all the kind words and praise and money they can get after the nightmare few years she's had - she truly deserves it - she is one of the best.

So with that list of disinterest, presumably nobody will be checking the cctv and charging anybody with abandonment :mad:

Dawn is a star

I hope they will do.

This lad is just one lad that was tied up and the dumpers ran off. If CCTV is in the area - will anyone check - no i don't think so because nobody cares if a dog was left in -0 temperatures all night long.

We pay our rates to the council and I believe they have a duty to ensure that stray dogs are picked up and not left outside like this. If it comes under abandonement - which it seems like it was - then it should be an RSPCA report and hopefully they would have picked it up.

I have heard reports from the public constantly that they phone the council website and report stray or tied up dogs. The notice takes absolutely hours and hours to get through to the dog wardens for them to collect the dog. The Dog Warden service is under-funded because nobody complains about it enough - and so when the dog warden goes off duty at 4.30 there is nobody to help dogs like this. Odds are it would have been dead in the morning, but nobody cares - it was just a dog and its that type of attitude why our society accepts neglect and cruelty - because its not dealt with as being unacceptable at source.

good on ya Dawn, Dawns life is devoted to helping animals, if you can offer any help with funds, food & animal bedding, she runs animal haven pet rescue in woodhouse,,,

Is that back up and running? I thought that ceased after a roof collapse in heavy snow

Dawn still runs a rescue but, not a rehoming centre

i would have assisted with this if my van was not broken down ,so sorry

Its a shame Nige, I'm sure you would have done. South Yorkshire does need an overnight call our service that someone would do this to help pets in need. Sadly, it all boils down to money though tdoesn't it.

you never know - there maybe a great company out there that would like to sponsor this

so that NO ANIMAL IS EVER KNOWN TO BE OUTSIDE AND TIED UP - AWAITING RESCUE when the council services can't do that cover.

Spread the word everyone - we have a lot of wealthy businesses out there surely some of them would like to sponsor such a service that would ensure no animal was left tied up overnight and all weekend in zero temperatures like this boy would have been if it hadn't been for Dawn. Will anyone fund Dawn or Nigel to help?