Urban Choola Indian street kitchen

do urban choola do pakoras does anyone know? Love pakoras and meat samosas:D

Martin Dawes (of the Star) has done a review but their website is only displaying the first few lines..

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/food-drink/food-review-urban-choola-272-london-road-sheffield-s2-4na-tel-0114-2508880-1-5905914

Anyone have a paper copy? Did he like it or not?

Firstly let me inform you all of my background.

Im half Bangladeshi and half from Mauritius , as such Im familiar with several different forms of Indian cuisine.

For starters we all had the Sambar which was essentially a lentil soup spiced with curry leaves and mustard seeds. Very interesting twist to dhaal :)

One of our party had these potato cakes which were nice.

For mains we had a chicken chettinadh thali and a chicken sizzler.

On the chicken sizzler, the chicken was tender and the flavours and spice level were just right it came with naan and chilli powdered chips too.

The chicken chettinadh reminded me of my grandmothers cooking in mauritius which she used to make in her little stone kitchen.

The accompanying potato dish reminded me of my uncles dish which he made when he lived in england (he had enough of the weather and buggered off back to Mauritius LOL) .

Each bite of everything brought back a different memory of living abroad or of family members past and present.

Will definitely visit again.

:thumbsup:

I've been a couple of times and the food is great but what puts me off is the endless amounts of rubbish dumped at the side of the building.

Hi, I've heard great things about this restaurant, we rang last night to order a takeaway but the call went straight to voicemail, so for those who don't know, it's closed on Tuesdays! Have booked for this weekend though, can't wait!

Edited by the white rose

Me and my partner visited the restaurant today.

we are indian and the food is quite authentic however the food was extremely bland and tasteless!! we would unfortunately not return and would recommend kashmiri aroma as an alternative as their food is amazing.

the waiter was very inattentive and could have been more welcoming also.

just my opinion :)

thanks

I've been a couple of times and the food is great but what puts me off is the endless amounts of rubbish dumped at the side of the building.

true that.... annoying!

there are quite a few flats and shops around , we had a lot of issues people dumping rubbish at the corner next to our building as most of the flats near the area keep there bins there , we try our best to get it cleared and have spoken to council about it as well , they have put a notice there as well which hopefully will help , regardless of that we will do our best to keep it clear.

thanks,

urban choola

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 14:06 ----------

Me and my partner visited the restaurant today.

we are indian and the food is quite authentic however the food was extremely bland and tasteless!! we would unfortunately not return and would recommend kashmiri aroma as an alternative as their food is amazing.

the waiter was very inattentive and could have been more welcoming also.

just my opinion :)

thanks

Please accept my apologies for the bad experience you had , we work very hard to ensure we give our customers excellent service & quality food, i can assure you that we will look into your feedback and do our best to improve on it. we focus on authentic Indian food , all our dishes are made in there own curries and have there own flavors and level of spice , If you prefer your curry to be hotter or more spicy , please let us know and we will do it accordingly.

thanks,

urban choola

went last weekend. Amazing. Too much food for under £15 a head