Visiting Australia

We went last time with Qantas, absolutely brilliant. A perfect flight,free food and free booze all the way, and as much booze as you wanted too. It doesn't really matter whereabouts in Asia you spend a day or two, but Thailand is nice.

We went last time with Qantas, absolutely brilliant. A perfect flight,free food and free booze all the way, and as much booze as you wanted too. It doesn't really matter whereabouts in Asia you spend a day or two, but Thailand is nice.

that does sound like a good plan to break up that long flight up

You can be in Perth in 18 hours from Manchester. Two legs usually around 11 hours and 6 hours depending on where you stop.

Of all the countries in the world, Australia has to be the easiest for a single traveller. There are so many people travelling, doing gap years etc, that you can't help hooking up with travel companions.

There are plenty of companies in Australia who do small travel groups to some of the best tourist locations and it is a great way to meet people.

Stop worrying, book a ticket and enjoy it.

Just go for it. I emigrated on my own, as a ten pound pom.

You don't sound much like the entrepid traveller and that suggests that you're not ready for such a big adventure.

However, there is nothing to it. If you can get the holiday visa then travel on your own. It's safe provided that you have the nouse to just stay public, avoid drugs and be wary of anything too good to be true.

Book a flight; then travel by bus city to city; research the touristy 'must sees' and go.

Back packer guides etc will tell you everything you need to know and you can always 'up grade' to hotel stays.

Go for it.

You can be in Perth in 18 hours from Manchester. Two legs usually around 11 hours and 6 hours depending on where you stop.

Of all the countries in the world, Australia has to be the easiest for a single traveller. There are so many people travelling, doing gap years etc, that you can't help hooking up with travel companions.

There are plenty of companies in Australia who do small travel groups to some of the best tourist locations and it is a great way to meet people.

Stop worrying, book a ticket and enjoy it.

have you got any links for me to look up on the internet for these singles traveling groups?

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 08:27 ----------

You don't sound much like the entrepid traveller and that suggests that you're not ready for such a big adventure.

However, there is nothing to it. If you can get the holiday visa then travel on your own. It's safe provided that you have the nouse to just stay public, avoid drugs and be wary of anything too good to be true.

Book a flight; then travel by bus city to city; research the touristy 'must sees' and go.

Back packer guides etc will tell you everything you need to know and you can always 'up grade' to hotel stays.

Go for it.

i'm more scared of getting lost to be honest & as for drugs & all that crap i'v never touched them in my life & nor do want to start that crap

Don't want to be funny but if I was you I'd be going with somebody else. You seem far too immature to be out in the big bad world by yourself. Where's your get up and go ????? :roll:

have you got any links for me to look up on the internet for these singles traveling groups?

i'm more scared of getting lost to be honest & as for drugs & all that crap i'v never touched them in my life & nor do want to start that crap

lonely planet (thorntree) forum,and trip advisor forum,are a couple of good travel forums.just check out what people are saying about the place's were you're going and staying and it might put your mind at rest a bit.

I would'nt worry to much about going on your own john you can't help but meet people while your traveling thats usually the best part of the trip.

apart from the drugs:hihi:

We've been in Australia a year now, 6 months of which we were backpacking and never saw any drugs. I would highly recommend a hostel called the Blue Parrot in Sydney. It's a youth hostel so you need to be 30 or younger to stay but it's a small, friendly place run by people who seem to care if you have a good time or not.

Nights out arranged every night, but drink is only allowed to be drunk on site (which you can get from the bottle shop and bring in) until 11pm so if you want an early night you can.

We met so many people from here. We've since moved to Brisbane but if I we go back to Sydney we'd certainly stay there again.

The best advice is to go with an open mind, and try and be as sociable as you can. We made an unwritten rule that whenever someone invites you to something always say yes even if it might not be "your thing". Once the Aussies find that you're up for a laugh and are laid back you'll soon make good friends.

lonely planet (thorntree) forum,and trip advisor forum,are a couple of good travel forums

Lonley Planet Thorn Tree website, which did have a very active an informative Australia branch, has been pulled off the internet and basically no longer exists.

We've been in Australia a year now, 6 months of which we were backpacking and never saw any drugs. I would highly recommend a hostel called the Blue Parrot in Sydney. It's a youth hostel so you need to be 30 or younger to stay but it's a small, friendly place run by people who seem to care if you have a good time or not.

Nights out arranged every night, but drink is only allowed to be drunk on site (which you can get from the bottle shop and bring in) until 11pm so if you want an early night you can.

We met so many people from here. We've since moved to Brisbane but if I we go back to Sydney we'd certainly stay there again.

The best advice is to go with an open mind, and try and be as sociable as you can. We made an unwritten rule that whenever someone invites you to something always say yes even if it might not be "your thing". Once the Aussies find that you're up for a laugh and are laid back you'll soon make good friends.

i cant really go with an open mind due to having to go back to work as i'v only been able to get 7 weeks off work but thank you for the advice mate & i'm always up for new things so i'll fit in very well & i'm defo going to go come November its just trying to get the best & cheapest deal i can & at the moment that Ashes Tour is the best i can find but still got loads of time to find other deals & i'v seen an Africa tour going for just less then 5k for 73 days but to be honest Africa is not something what appeals to me as much as Australia

7 weeks in Nov will put you smack bang into xmas flight costs....

As others have said forget the package stuff. Create your own itinerary. Sit down one night and look at your particular dates for cricket and work around them. Book everything individually so you know exactly where you want to be doing and exactly what you want to do.

Dont worry about getting lost... We have street signs here aswell! :hihi: Ignore the scaremongerers that talk about spiders and snakes, its just not like that. As with all countries there are places that are rough and places that are spectacular.

Were a friendly bunch over here and so long as you can take a pom joke or 3, you will be fine.... And have many stories when you return home.