Visiting Australia

What's the big deal? All you need is a computer, a credit card, valid passport and UK driving licence. Why, they even drive on the same side of the road as the Uk does.

I bet it cost you a bit more than the usual and normal tourist.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I bet it cost you a bit more than the usual and normal tourist.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I bet you're a moron. What's with EASTWOOD anyway? You a little 5 feet 3 inch guy who wants to make sure everyone sees his user name? :hihi:

Get lost shorty snd dont bother me any more or I'll report your posts :D

I bet you're a moron. What's with EASTWOOD anyway? You a little 5 feet 3 inch guy who wants to make sure everyone sees his user name? :hihi:

Get lost shorty snd dont bother me any more or I'll report your posts :D

Don't give it you can't take it, and by the way, swearing is not allowed on the forum, or personal insults which you do all the time. :confused:

Singapore Airlines - excellent but expensive

Emirates - very good, worth paying a bit extra for.

China Airline - cheap and cheerful.

Brisbane or Gold coast's Surfers Paradise in Queensland a good place to start. Nearby Byron Bay has a kind of Hippie vibe. Australians are very friendly. You won't be on your own for long.

Be very careful in the sea. It looks beautiful and so inviting, but can be deadly with hidden rip tides. Stay on patrolled beaches, and read the warning boards re jellyfish etc..

You'll have a wonderful time.

With all due respect... Alot has changed since the 70's! Lol

Yes, a lot has changed. What's your point?

Don't give it you can't take it, and by the way, swearing is not allowed on the forum, or personal insults which you do all the time. :confused:

You are a troll who has appeared under different names at various times posting rubbish responses.

Dont start a war with me because if I get banned you'll go with me.

Now once again get lost. Any further remarlks of a derogatory nature will be reported to the mods

[/color]

just buy an airline ticket online and off you go. Use a site like Skyscanner or Kayak to find the cheapest flight deals. No need to book hotels in advance either, just turn up and find one you like, your adventure is waiting for you.

It really is that easy!

i tried that once at Cleethorpes & i ended up sleeping on a bench & it was freezing

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 00:47 ----------

What's the big deal? All you need is a computer, a credit card, valid passport and UK driving licence. Why, they even drive on the same side of the road as the Uk does.

oh yeah i thought about that but its still going on my own & i dont drive which does not help matters

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 00:49 ----------

i what he was saying was right tho it really is that easy if you put your mind to it

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 00:55 ----------

Singapore Airlines - excellent but expensive

Emirates - very good, worth paying a bit extra for.

China Airline - cheap and cheerful.

Brisbane or Gold coast's Surfers Paradise in Queensland a good place to start. Nearby Byron Bay has a kind of Hippie vibe. Australians are very friendly. You won't be on your own for long.

Be very careful in the sea. It looks beautiful and so inviting, but can be deadly with hidden rip tides. Stay on patrolled beaches, and read the warning boards re jellyfish etc..

You'll have a wonderful time.

to be honest the season is something i'm not that bothered about as i dont like salt water & if i wanted to go in the season then i'd just go to Portugal not saying your right or wrong but over there you can wake up with a snake under your bed or have a spider on the toilet waiting for you if i'm going there with that mind set then i'll never go but thank you for your reply tho & dont mean to sound harsh

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 00:56 ----------

Yes, a lot has changed. What's your point?

i think he/she was just trying to tel me alot has changed from then

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 01:15 ----------

thank you everyone for your lovely replies as it is i'm very drunk & i'm feeling like a women who's broody but my broodiness is going there the more & more i think about it the more i want to do i saw an advert on the TV yesterday about traveling Australia witch just wound me up even more

Edited by Johny Cutler

Let me put your mind at rest. In my experience spiders do not sit under the toilet seat. Most people have their property sprayed once a year for creepy crawlies. Although the odd snake has crept into peoples houses, very occasionally, it is not an everyday common occurrence. I lived there thirty years and saw about three snakes and just one big spider, yes horrible to look at but harmless. These creatures are just as scared of us as we are of them. Unless they are cornered they will crawl away if they feel anyone approaching. I do hope that helps.

Let me put your mind at rest. In my experience spiders do not sit under the toilet seat. Most people have their property sprayed once a year for creepy crawlies. Although the odd snake has crept into peoples houses, very occasionally, it is not an everyday common occurrence. I lived there thirty years and saw about three snakes and just one big spider, yes horrible to look at but harmless. These creatures are just as scared of us as we are of them. Unless they are cornered they will crawl away if they feel anyone approaching. I do hope that helps.

haha i was just replying to the poster who said about be careful about going into the sea as their are loads of Sharks in the water so i said about Spiders & Snakes which can get you when you dont expect them

thank you for your reply tho mate

Just go... life is too short for procrastinating. I went on my tod and relied on buses and trains to get me around. Stop making excuses.

By the way, I have been twice and only seen one spider.

Just go... life is too short for procrastinating. I went on my tod and relied on buses and trains to get me around. Stop making excuses.

By the way, I have been twice and only seen one spider.

Sound advice.

Imagine if you have a stroke next year and you are lying in a hospital wing thinking of all the things you've done in your life.

Going to Australia on your own, traveling around, having adventures and meeting people could possibly be the best experience of your life. Do it. Do it now!!!!

Before it's too late!!

You certainly do not need anyone to go to Oz with, I certainly didn't. I flew out on my own, experienced so many things and made a good few friends. Don't get tied down on an expensive and limited tour, be independent, explore and find your Australia. You won't be disappointed and any anxiety of traveling alone will soon disappear.

I agree with the above. I have been there but with the wife. I am also a billy no mates and go where I want on my own if no one else is interested.

You will do alright in Australia on your own. The people are very friendly and it is surprising how many ex-pats you will bump into. We landed in Melbourne 1st time and Sidney the second leaving in Brisbrane. After a couple of nights in the landing City we hired a car and set off on a route taking us through towns of the tourist map. That is where you see the real Australia. Every town has a touristist information centre and will help you with finding accommodation. We hired a car and found plenty of motels on route with no trouble with vacancy's.

We did go in January though. Excellent for the long daylight hours but hot averaging 37c. If you do not like the heat then go in their Spring or Autumn.