Visiting Australia

I would really like to visit Australia however I don't have anyone who will go with me. Does anyone have any recommendations for group travel? Making new friends is not really a priority; however if I were by myself I might miss the good stuff or simply get lost. Any thoughts?

the best thing i'v found upto now is going to the ashes in November till Jan at the end year

by going though this website Howzat Travel which will see me go to 6 places in 49 days & for all 5 test matches but its going to cost £8,200 & another £3,275 if i go on my own which is very costly & to be honest as much as i like Cricket i dont really want to be tied down to 5 test matches but it looks like a great deal after looking at others where it's going to cost 5 grand but for only 25 days give or take a few days

Australia is a good place to visit. you are definitely welcome.

cheers mate

I can think of nothing nastier than enforced proximity to a random group of other travellers, days after day. You may get lucky and end up with a really great crowd who will be your friends for life, or (more likely) end up with a bunch of strangers whose habits/voices/attiutudes/lateness/dress sense/ailments irritate the hell out of you and prevent you enjoying the trip.

Australia is indisputably very big but all the things worth seeing are either round the coastline, or in the centre. There is not much else for tourists to worry about. Get the Lonely Planet guide and plan your trip well in advance - do some research, especially about transport and accommodation. You won't get lost. If making friends isn't the priority, just go by yourself.Stay in hostels and travel by train or air from city to city. Perhaps take an organised tour for a few days into the centre as it's a bit wild and there are some parts you have to be with a group, I think. (e.g. Uluru). If you get ill, the health service is excellent (take out insurance needless to say).

It's am amazing country - you'll enjoy it.

Edited by aliceBB
and

the best guide book is definitely He Died With a Felafel in His Hand. Superb guide. That's the real Australia, when you arrive you think you're going to be doing all this really healthy stuff like hiking mountains, white water rafting, camping, snorkelling and boating. Instead five years later, you end up with your head in your hands in a crummy apartment in Bankstown with an overweight pregnant Japanese junkie girlfriend who herself came to Australia all chaste and virginal 10 years before on a language course and never left.

I can think of nothing nastier than enforced proximity to a random group of other travellers, days after day. You may get lucky and end up with a really great crowd who will be your friends for life, or (more likely) end up with a bunch of strangers whose habits/voices/attiutudes/lateness/dress sense/ailments irritate the hell out of you and prevent you enjoying the trip.

Australia is indisputably very big but all the things worth seeing are either round the coastline, or in the centre. There is not much else for tourists to worry about. Get the Lonely Planet guide and plan your trip well in advance - do some research, especially about transport and accommodation. You won't get lost. If making friends isn't the priority, just go by yourself.Stay in hostels and travel by train or air from city to city. Perhaps take an organised tour for a few days into the centre as it's a bit wild and there are some parts you have to be with a group, I think. (e.g. Uluru). If you get ill, the health service is excellent (take out insurance needless to say).

It's am amazing country - you'll enjoy it.

your make great sense & i will take everything you said on board & thats why i thought about the Ashes Tour as the only thing i have to do it turn up at an airport over here & them lot do the rest but dont really want to go just for the cricket even so i'd still have plenty of time to do other stuff with it being a 49 day tour

I would really like to visit Australia however I don't have anyone who will go with me. Does anyone have any recommendations for group travel? Making new friends is not really a priority; however if I were by myself I might miss the good stuff or simply get lost. Any thoughts?

the best thing i'v found upto now is going to the ashes in November till Jan at the end year

by going though this website Howzat Travel which will see me go to 6 places in 49 days & for all 5 test matches but its going to cost £8,200 & another £3,275 if i go on my own which is very costly & to be honest as much as i like Cricket i dont really want to be tied down to 5 test matches but it looks like a great deal after looking at others where it's going to cost 5 grand but for only 25 days give or take a few days

The months you quote are the hottest of the year. If you don't mind the heat go for it. Oz is a wonderful country I recommend it

the best guide book is definitely He Died With a Felafel in His Hand. Superb guide. That's the real Australia, when you arrive you think you're going to be doing all this really healthy stuff like hiking mountains, white water rafting, camping, snorkelling and boating. Instead five years later, you end up with your head in your hands in a crummy apartment in Bankstown with an overweight pregnant Japanese junkie girlfriend who herself came to Australia all chaste and virginal 10 years before on a language course and never left.

That's the real Australia or have you been nipping at the cooking sherry ?

That's the real Australia or have you been nipping at the cooking sherry ?
I can't wait to go. Hold it though, I've been to California, beaches, booze, sharks. No, I'll stay here.:hihi:

You may be alright on your own. Australia is a very friendly place I love it. Particularly the north. Queensland and The Northern territories.

I can't wait to go. Hold it though, I've been to California, beaches, booze, sharks. No, I'll stay here.:hihi:

I had the chance to go to Oz for a bit of R and R back in 1967 but decided on Thailand instead. I never regrettted choosing Thailand but at the same time I missed an opportunity to visit a great country which I once seriously considered emigrating to.

You certainly do not need anyone to go to Oz with, I certainly didn't. I flew out on my own, experienced so many things and made a good few friends. Don't get tied down on an expensive and limited tour, be independent, explore and find your Australia. You won't be disappointed and any anxiety of traveling alone will soon disappear.

here is the tour i was going for but the only problem is i think it will tie me down to the cricket too much but i get to see 6/7 places in 7 weeks witch i think will be ideal but its having the bottle to do it on my own tho which i dont think i have & with me being 30 in 4 months time single no kids & it will be the perfect time to do it as a present for myself & 1 which i think i deserve

http://www.howzattravel.co.uk/Tours/TheAshes-2013-14/Ashes-2013-England-Cricket-Tours-To-Australia-Walkabout-All-Five-Tests.html

it did not let me post that link B4 as i did not post 5 times