The changing face of Chapeltown

The Acorn and The Crown and Cushion both lovely pubs in chapeltown, there should be more like them, serve lovely food and family friendly... All pubs should be like this! let the louts go and drink in town with the rest of the unsightly folk.

Sssshhhh....both are in burncross, not chap!

The Acorn and The Crown and Cushion both lovely pubs in chapeltown, there should be more like them, serve lovely food and family friendly... All pubs should be like this! let the louts go and drink in town with the rest of the unsightly folk.

I went with Mrs Doom yesterday to The Acorn for our lunch.

Very nice it was as well and at a decent price (£9.95 for two). My only gripe was that all the beer except Black Sheep was off, so I ended up buying a bottle. It was lovely sat outside though, watching the world go by.

Regards

Doom

Escape bar shut on Saturday. Rumour has it that is to reopen as a Sports Bar.has anyone else heard this

the pheasant at lane top is under offer apparently and might be turned into a KFC

There's already a KFC in Chapeltown tho, is there business for another?

it's the same for many pubs, these days it happened to mine the woodseats hotel, the brewery kept putting up the price of barrels of beer, the rent increased as did all the utility bills, rates and the wage bill kept rising. I had to have the lighting on all the time apart from at night. and thee heating had to kept on you couldn't have punters coming in and sitting in a cold pub. even though some only came in so they didn't have to put the heating on at home. and if I had entertainment on I had to pay performing rights, a fee for playing music and had to list every thing that was played. the brewery's and utility companies have you by the short and curlies . that's why most are turned into Tesco expresses or Sainsbury's, asda's indian restaurants even churches. and with super markets selling cheap beers and lagers and wine pubs can't compete with them

Carousel in its hay day (1978 to 1984) was the best pub for mile, packed every night, hardly any trouble at all and with Shaggy Dog Disco. I remember it well, I was the landlord:)

Looks like The Escape Bar is being done up. Anyone know anything about it or when is it due to open? Heard roughly about 3 weeks time but nothing much seems to be happening

Hi does anyone know what The Royal Oak is going to be ? there seems to be a lot of building work happening .