The changing face of Chapeltown

I just hope they don't become hairdressers or, as geared has stated, kebab shops...and come to think of it, charity shops. There are enough of all those down Chapeltown.

I just hope they don't become hairdressers or, as geared has stated, kebab shops...and come to think of it, charity shops. There are enough of all those down Chapeltown.

If they do they do, much preferable to empty shops, but you agree with me there anyway :P

Well without planning permission they can't be anything, so it's slightly odd works started without anything being filed?

Maybe I missed it?

If I remember correctly it all depends on the origional planning consent and or the size of the proposed units. You can change to/from certain catergories of planning permission for I think 2 years without having to apply for change of use. Or do what is happening at Worral ignore planning regs and do what you want!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1489391

Maybe you don't need permission

Perhaps, but it seems strange.

Changing from one building, A4 class to Two A1 class units, one A3 and a further one as residential.

Quite alot of change to do without needing planning permission.

---------- Post added 03-02-2017 at 15:35 ----------

Or do what is happening at Worral ignore planning regs and do what you want!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1489391

That has brought the ire of the planning officer though, I'd imagine that committee meeting would be interesting.

I don't know Chapeltown well at all, but last night I had a quick pint in the pub on the roundabout, very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere, pleasant staff and reasonably priced beer.

The Pub 5 minutes up the road has loads of real ales and serves decent food.

What's the problem ?

All this "it's not like it were when I were a lad" doom and gloom, and predictable Daily Mail stereotypes about " chavs and druggies" and the inevitable " PC brigade".

Dear me talk about glass half full

What's the problem ?

Didn't know that there was a problem. I love Chapeltown, it's a great place to live.

Didn't know that there was a problem. I love Chapeltown, it's a great place to live.

You'd be better off asking all the doomsters :hihi:

Hope the new businesses do well , looking forward to finding out what they are going to be .

Hopefully the shops will not become hairdressers.

Its another hairdressers!!:o:(

Luckily the old mobility shop in the train arches looks set to become a micro-pub. Chapeltown desperately needs some more funky offerings in the food/drink line. I'd even welcome a Costa to kick start the areas improvement.

I look forward to seeing the restaurant unit in the old pub getting let. Apart from pub grub and take-away's there is nowhere to eat.

I have heard that the KFC (now closed) is to become a Costa.