Major emergency vehicle response out of town from Middlewood Road 9/1

The black car came to rest into the side of my mates van,

So we had to wait till the Helecopter left the field at the side of the road,

Had to make other arangments to get home as the Police didn't want to move the Crashed car,both driver side doors were removed and it didn't look good at all :-(

The Kier van had the front destroyed pretty much,

Horrible thing to see and walk past to get home,but at least we wern't in the mates van at the time,as we were just walking back to it,and came across the aftermath of the crash,

The Emergancy Services did a great job,as did the Air Ambulance crew,

I hope no one died in the accident :-(

I hope no one died in the accident :-(

From what someone mentioned earlier in the thread, both people in the car, sadly, have not made it.

An accident like that isn't something you ever think you will see on your own 'patch'

2 elderly people have died in the crash.x

Says '80 year old couple with life threatening injuries' on South Yorks Police website

Says '80 year old couple with life threatening injuries' on South Yorks Police website

Hopefully they will pull through.

Yes, no-one appears to be dead, thank goodness. The account on the police website also gives an idea of what happened -

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/police-appeal-witnesses-following-collision-a6102-langsett-road-north

Sorry, didn't realise someone had already posted this link.

Yes, no-one appears to be dead, thank goodness. The account on the police website also gives an idea of what happened -

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/police-appeal-witnesses-following-collision-a6102-langsett-road-north

Sorry, didn't realise someone had already posted this link.

Can't open the link so what does it say happened?

what time did this hapopen on the post code link it said 1pm but i got a fone call about 4pm telling me about this and they are traffic hold ups

Can't open the link so what does it say happened?

Officers are appealing to witnesses of a collision that left an 80-year-old couple with life-threatening injuries.

The collision occurred at approximately 1.55pm today (Wednesday, 9 January, 2013) on the A6102 Langsett Road North. It is believed that a black Kia Picanto, driven by an 80-year-old man from Wharncliffe Side, Sheffield was heading in the direction of Deepcar on the A6102 Langsett Road North when the car has drifted across the central white line as it manoeuvred around a left-hand bend opposite the entrance to Bedford Road.

At the same time, a white, Ford panel van, driven by a 50-year-old man from Wadsley, Sheffield, was travelling in the opposite direction along the same road. It is believed that the two vehicles have collided as they both travelled around the bend.

Following the collision the black Kia Picanto left the road on the nearside before colliding with a red Nissan Serena, which was parked up and unattended on the footpath. The white Ford panel van also left the road before colliding with a wooden fence.

The elderly driver of the black Kia Picanto was taken to Northern General Hospital with life-threatening chest injuries and a broken leg. An 80-year-old woman who was a passenger in the vehicle was also taken to Northern General Hospital with life-threatening chest injuries.

The driver of the white Ford panel van was taken to Northern General Hospital for treatment on a deep cut to his right foot.

Officers investigating are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicles shortly before the collision to call South Yorkshire Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting incident number 541 of Wednesday, 9 January, 2013.

what time did this hapopen on the post code link it said 1pm but i got a fone call about 4pm telling me about this and they are traffic hold ups

If you look at the OP time on this thread you'll be able to work out roughly when it happened.

If you look at the OP time on this thread you'll be able to work out roughly when it happened.

Or you could just read post #33

Sorry my mistake was told by someone up there. So sad thoughts r with them and fingers crossed that they pull through x