Private firms to take over probation work

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Though you have to admit, if it were someone from Labour's shadow home affairs team, particularly Diane Abbott; this thread (and indeed the mainstream media) would be awash with jeers and outrage. Chris Grayling, whether at the DWP, Transport or Home Office seems to get a free pass.

Hardly. You can barely go a few minutes without hearing a quip about Grayling.

16 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Hardly. You can barely go a few minutes without hearing a quip about Grayling.

Hardly every few minutes, If you do a search on here his name comes up nine times this month.

He was told when he first muted the plans that they wouldn't work...he decided he knew better and he's cost the taxpayer £500 million.

The man is a complete cretin and anyone who thinks otherwise should take a long hard look at themselves.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Hardly every few minutes, If you do a search on here his name comes up nine times this month.

I wasn't specifically talking about this forum, obviously. More generally, he's the butt of many jokes, and I'd put him up there with Diane Abbott for the amount of quips made against him.

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I wasn't specifically talking about this forum, obviously. More generally, he's the butt of many jokes, and I'd put him up there with Diane Abbott for the amount of quips made against him.

Even mathamatically challenged Diane Abbott didn't manage to waste half a billion pounds of taxpayers money in botched schemes. In what other walk of life can you do this and not get sacked? 

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Even mathamatically challenged Diane Abbott didn't manage to waste half a billion pounds of taxpayers money in botched schemes. In what other walk of life can you do this and not get sacked? 

How could she have? She's never been in a position of power to spend / waste any money.

And lets hope she never is.  

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

How could she have? She's never been in a position of power to spend / waste any money.

And lets hope she never is.  

Absolutely, leave the grown up work to Chris Grayling, Boris Johnson and Iain Duncan Smith.

17 hours ago, Mister M said:

Though you have to admit, if it were someone from Labour's shadow home affairs team, particularly Diane Abbott; this thread (and indeed the mainstream media) would be awash with jeers and outrage. Chris Grayling, whether at the DWP, Transport or Home Office seems to get a free pass.

Not really; that sounds like whataboutism to me. It's been well publicised and I haven't seen any news sources showing this news in a positive light.

46 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Not really; that sounds like whataboutism to me. It's been well publicised and I haven't seen any news sources showing this news in a positive light.

Why is he still in a (very well paid) job?

41 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Why is he still in a (very well paid) job?

Who knows? Could ask the same about a plethora of seemingly incompetent people pad for by the taxpayer.

Just imagine how bad the privatised probation service must be if the Tories are going to nationalise it. It must be absolutely terrible. Remember these are the people who also considered privatising child protection services in local authorities. Look out for that idea coming back around if Johnson becomes leader.

19 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

Just imagine how bad the privatised probation service must be if the Tories are going to nationalise it. It must be absolutely terrible. Remember these are the people who also considered privatising child protection services in local authorities. Look out for that idea coming back around if Johnson becomes leader.

Nightmare scenario.