Private firms to take over probation work

So can we buy any?

Jolly good idea! Bring back slavery. That would make British industry competitive and reduce crime in one fell swoop! I don't know if the public are ready for such radical conservatism just yet though.

Would you want one?

I wouldn't but with a name like yours I was thinking you might want one or two for the arena or for shearing some oysters and snails?

Edited by Stan Tamudo
Sharing not shearing.

So they'll go bust in a year then?

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 12:38 ----------

Give me an example of where a private business has come in and run a better service than which the public sector previously did.

Jaguar. Rolls Royce. Land Rover.

I wouldn't but with a name like yours I was thinking you might want one or two for the arena or for shearing some oysters and snails?

There's an idea bring back gladiators to amuse the masses. :)

I recall seeing something a couple of years ago that said there was quite a serious problem in the probation service with people on long term sick which was not really being addressed and was costing a fortune. Private firms rarely have many people off long term with "stress" so that will be one way to save some wasted money.

How can you be sure about private sector illness?As they are in the private sector there is no requirement to publish such data.I believe you are speculating about this data,and would ask you to substantiate your assertions.

I've had much better experience dealing with private companies than dealing with the public sector. The public sector simply doesn't care about the public.

Is this a joke:huh:

There's an idea bring back gladiators to amuse the masses. :)

They should so something like in the movie "the Running Man", top quality entertainment and harsh punishment for criminals at the same time! Unfortunately the whole "human rights" palaver would prevent it. :(

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Is this a joke:huh:

No it's quite true. Unlike the private sector, the public sector have you over a barrel. If a private firm is not to my satisfaction I can take my business elsewhere.

How can you be sure about private sector illness?As they are in the private sector there is no requirement to publish such data.I believe you are speculating about this data,and would ask you to substantiate your assertions.

It's purely from personal observation and that of friends. I didn't suggest I had tomes of research on the subject but from my experience more than 3 months off is pretty much it in the private sector and on massively reduced pay, in the public sector it can go on for a lot longer on full pay, then half pay.

[/color]

No it's quite true. Unlike the private sector, the public sector have you over a barrel. If a private firm is not to my satisfaction I can take my business elsewhere.

That's right. If I don't like the service on a bus route provided by First, I charter a helicopter.

They should so something like in the movie "the Running Man", top quality entertainment and harsh punishment for criminals at the same time! Unfortunately the whole "human rights" palaver would prevent it. :(

So do I take it that your belief that the public sector not caring includes doctors,nurses,teachers,firemen and policemen and countless other public sector workers who do in fact care ?

So do I take it that your belief that the public sector not caring includes doctors,nurses,teachers,firemen and policemen and countless other public sector workers who do in fact care ?

Take no notice mediumfast, he's a third rate wind up merchant.