Best place to tip household and garage waste

I am looking to get rid of approximately a van full of household and garage waste and wondered if anyone knew a cheap waste site. Cant use local household site as I need to get van in and there is quite alot. Thanks in advance

I am looking to get rid of approximately a van full of household and garage waste and wondered if anyone knew a cheap waste site. Cant use local household site as I need to get van in and there is quite alot. Thanks in advance

As far as I remember (I might be wrong, it's been a while since I went to a local council tip), you can take a van in but you have to book it in first, and the staff will probably check the contents of the van to see whether it looks like work-related waste.

Van permit scheme

If you wish to visit any of the Household Waste Recycling Centres in vans, pick-ups or trailers and have not yet applied for a permit, please use our booking in procedure to help us manage traffic and waste on site.

For details contact: 0114 273 4567 .

Please note: there is a Height Barrier (1.8m/5'11") at all the Household Waste Recycling Centres.

Please note: These sites are not for the use of traders, who must use a properly licensed waste disposal site and satisfy Duty of Care.

Thanks. van to big and there is my old kitchen cupboards so a trade waste probably better.

Why cant you park outside the dump it site and carry it all in for FREE. they cant stop you doing this. Why should you have to pay to get rid of your own household rubbish.

Why cant you park outside the dump it site and carry it all in for FREE. they cant stop you doing this. Why should you have to pay to get rid of your own household rubbish.

Are you allowed to do this? I was at Longley tip a few weeks ago and they stopped a guy coming in with bags, saying they dont allow 'walk-ons'

No, they don't allow you to walk in with rubbish, which is pretty crap for everybody who doesn't have a car really.

you need to be careful going in there with a car tyres....theres nails all over the place..

I have seen people hitch-hiking with bags to get on site to make a dump.

Thanks. van to big and there is my old kitchen cupboards so a trade waste probably better.

The van is too big to get into the tip? What is it, a removal van? They can lift the barrier up!

If it's household waste then it can all go to the tip for FREE, just get a permit as linked above.

Did you know that you can only get one free collection of large items from council per year now, you have to give your rent reference number and if you need another collection before year is up you have to pay

The van is too big to get into the tip? What is it, a removal van? They can lift the barrier up!

If it's household waste then it can all go to the tip for FREE, just get a permit as linked above.

If its Long Wheelbase you cannot get a permit to use the tip .