Planning a baby...could I now be pregnant?

Hello to all current and future mummies :bigsmile:

As I have mentioned in my last post, me and my partner are trying for Baby :)

Now, I have come off pills begining of January 2013. For the first month, we have not used any contraception but we were very careful :) I have started my period normally it was 29th January. From my calculations I have started my fertile days on 8th Feb13 and my ovulation was meant to be on the 12th Feb. We have 'worked hard' from 8th till 15th with one or two days without sex but we had sex on 12th. I was meant to come on period last Tuesday 26th, but still no sign of it. I took a test on the day of my expected period, 3 days after and this morning (All negative results)

I haven't got any syptomps as such as it might be to early but I have noticed that normally before my period my breast hurts, whereas this time only my nipples are so sensitive I can't even touch them. I have got cramps in my belly, similar to those during period. Also, yesterday I have been really hot, and felt like I am on fire but not checked my temperature but it was definately higher that usual.

I wanted to see if any of you had similar situation, being 7 days or more overdue but pg test would be negative?

I might be just buying crap tests? (I buy the ones from poundland) but I have also bought one from Tesco, a bit more expensive. I don't want to spend a fortune on those.

What else should I do? Shall I wait a bit longer? (I know sometimes after coming off the pills it takes a while for our system to get 'back to normal' so I presume this also may be a reason for my period being late)

From what I read, blood test should confirm wheather I am pregnant or not.

But I was going to go to the family planning clinic in town center to get checked as well (to make sure everything is ok 'there' and that my baby will be safe :) ) Would they find out while examining me that I am pregnant?

I am soooo happy but also so impatient, I would rather know the TRUTH haha.

Any advise or your own story/ experience would be much appreciated.

The pill makes your periods regular, and makes you have a 28 day cycle whilst taking them. After I came off of mine, and whenever I don't take them, I have a cycle of around 37 days, not the 'normal' 28. Did you have a regular cycle before you started taking them? Mine was always slightly irregular x

The pill makes your periods regular, and makes you have a 28 day cycle whilst taking them. After I came off of mine, and whenever I don't take them, I have a cycle of around 37 days, not the 'normal' 28. Did you have a regular cycle before you started taking them? Mine was always slightly irregular x

Well, mine was a bit irregular before started to take pills but was never more than 30/31 days so fairly normal. I can't go to doctors any sooner than next week anyway so will just have to wait and see what happens.

I'd be very surprised if you were back to your natural rhythm so soon after coming off the pill, whether that rhythm is 28 days or 34, to be honest. There's normally a few months of at least having a big wobble of irregularity when you go from a regulated cycle to a natural one.

I'd have to agree with medusa, however with my 4th it was neg test, neg test, neg test, neg test, trip to hospital to see what the problem was and I was 10 weeks pregnant.

So you never know. Good luck anyway :)

It was the same for my wife this week. Thought she was pregnant as she was 9 days overdue, with all the same symptoms you describe.

On the 10th day, it turned out to be just an overdue period...

Thanks to all replies.

I am just going crazy not knowing what it is.

I bought a clear blue pregnancy test last night, thinking it might be more reliable than those that I used to buy from poundland. I took it this morning, and it would not show me the result, then after a while it said Pregnant 3+ but the result has dissapeared but according to what's written on the packaging it should stay for 24hours. To make sure, I have gone into boots this morning before my work and bought another test like that and took it at work- now it is constantly showing not pregnant.

Now it is so strange, don't know whether the morning test has not worked properly or whether second one did not work because it was not my first pee after waking up.

I am going to doctors next week anyway but I just can't wait to find out either way.

Just another question. If I go to clinic in town, and say that I might be pregnant as my period is 2weeks overdue (It will be next tuesday) will they do a blood test straight away or will I have to be referred and have it done in morning as usual blood tests are carried out?

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 14:24 ----------

Hi,

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 14:26 ----------

Bad news for me, just started my period this morning :(

I wasn't expecting to get pregnant straight away and I knew that it could take some time for my body to get used to the new situation of being without pills but I just had a hope that since my period is late, it might mean baby :) oh well...We will keep trying again this month, thank god the trying bit is fun and pleasure hihihi.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Good luck to those who are trying for baby like me and to those who are waiting for their little ones to be born. :)

Edited by Tasia

I know how awful it feels when you're trying and for yet another month you're not pregnant. *hugs* don't let it get you down and don't stress about it. It will happen when your body is ready :)

Be patient hun, it did take me 2 years but don't let that dishearten you as I know people have gotten caught straight away after coming off pill. I had my baby girl in September and oh my we have spent a fortune, but I bet it can be done cheaper! I breastfeed so have saved money not buying formula

Be patient hun, it did take me 2 years but don't let that dishearten you as I know people have gotten caught straight away after coming off pill. I had my baby girl in September and oh my we have spent a fortune, but I bet it can be done cheaper! I breastfeed so have saved money not buying formula

When I gave birth in December, I heard the woman in the next bed proudly telling her parents she was staying in a few days for help with breastfeeding. She must be loopy I thought, I couldn't wait to leave! Then I heard her say the midwife has told her she will be able to save 500 quid a month by going with breast not bottle! :hihi: Someone got their sums badly wrong there I think?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hello there,

Just a bit of an update from my side really.

To recap I cam off pills in January and have started to try for baby.

My first period was on time, my second was late about 10 days, my last one was strangely on time but now I have been waiting for my period for two weeks. Last week I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative and then the day after when I was peeing, I noticed blood so I thought it was period. Well I used sanitary towels but no more blood has come out on that day or during the night. Then two days later I saw couple of drops of blood but that was it and since then I have not had my period.

I took another pg test this morning - negative again.

I do not have morning sickness or any symptoms as such..

This is driving me crazy...

I don't know if that means pregnancy or is there anything else responsible for this...I do have cramps in my belly like I am about to have period though.

I know I am a bit stressed out at the moment for various things and this can probably have an effect on my period being late.

Any advise on what should I do?

Have you always been regular before starting the pill? It could still just be your body adjusting to coming off the pill. Some people find it takes up to 6 months to regulate properly. It could potentially be a chemical pregnancy, but usually you'd see a faint line on a test. If you don't have a period in the next couple of weeks then see your GP. I once had a 60 day cycle and no pregnancy... Good luck!