Outdoor dog training for problem Springer

Hi,

We have a Springer who will be 2 next year. We took her to indoor puppy training classes and she has since become quite good indoors and can sit, stay etc inside.

But once outside she is an absolute nightmare! We have tried everything and have searched endless forums on how to get her to pay us attention once we are out of the door.

Can anyone recommend any outdoor training classes in Sheffield/ Barnsley area so that we can try to correct some of her behaviour ASAP!

Any advice also welcome!

Thanks

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 20:42 ----------

SHe will be 2 next month!

Hi,

I can recommend Steve on here (user name stevet123). I don't know if he runs classes but he has done a miraculous 1:1 walking session with my hounds, and there are other testimonies on here for him too. In about an hour and a half he taught me pretty much everything I was doing wrong with my pair and what I needed to do differently - it's really changed things for us all and things are much more positive than they were.

Have a search on here as there's a really long thread about Steve's training

Good luck!

Hi thanks for the kind words yes I can help have pmd you

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 21:07 ----------

I'm afraid that is the problem with indoor classes it is a false environment just my opinion by the way outdoors where your dog will go every day is much better.

Does anybody know whether the group stuff still happens on Monday evenings at Loxley? I've not seen anything about their class recently. If they do then they are out on a field when the weather permits.

I was just going to recommend that you give Steve a call - his outdoor sessions have been really good and if people are committed - then the dogs do wonders - its us humans that have to learn what we should do with them isn't it.

Good luck and well done for trying to work through the problem.