READ Farmers READ

What's the problem with letting the guy wander around a field for a day? Even if you don't make 1/2 a bottle top out of it.

It's not so much the wandering about that's the problem, it's the endless pointless digging, unearthing nothing more than bits of rusty scrap and bottle tops. It'd be like having a giant random mole on the place.

I know but that's the point you would not know hats under there until you dig it out its

A good hobby

I know but that's the point you would not know hats under there until you dig it out its

A good hobby

It might be a good hobby, but I wouldn't want someone creating holes all over my field, that's all I'm saying.

And that's why we fill the holes back in after we dug one

And that's why we fill the holes back in after we dug one

That's all fine and dandy, however it would still be akin to having a giant mole running riot, ruining the sward.

That's all fine and dandy, however it would still be akin to having a giant mole running riot, ruining the sward.

unless your land is fallow, animals will cause far more damage to the grass than a person with a metal detector especially at this time of the year, but most fields that are people use are arable and they use them when the fields have been either ploughed or are set aside.

How are they going to split that?

With a big lump of C-4 ?

That's for them to choose not me and if I found that I'd just run a mile mod make shire I'm safe lol

Is there any farmers out there or around sheffield that will let

Me go on there land with a metal detector I will split the finds 50/50 thanks

You may have more success if you go along to a few local farms, introduce yourself, explain your hobby and with a bit of luck you should be fine.

Angel.