Forum Mah Jong meet - important news

As I am unable to currently access my buddy list, or perform a search to bring up an existing thread, I am resorting to this announcement.

The forum mah jong meet scheduled for the DevCat this Thursday, 26 Jan at 7.30p.m. is CANCELLED.

From memory, the following forummers confirmed they would be attending...

Doublewood, Edd, Feargal, Plain Talker, ptigga, TeaFan,Tracie, and 1 other!

I've had to cancel as there is an excess of players, and insufficient sets of mah jong tiles to play with! My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

There are 2 new dates as follows....

Mon 30 Jan 7.30pm - Spanna2005 & redrobbo will bring mah jong sets.

Tue 31 Jan 7.30pm. - Goldenturkey & redrobbo will bring mah jong sets.

There is no need to PM or reply to this post. If you can make either or both of the nights - please just turn up! There will be sufficient sets of tiles to play with on both evenings. If you are interested in learning to play mah jong, no previous knowledge is required - just arrive at the Dev Cat on Monday and/or Tuesday night!

Red

Red, I can bring along a set on Thursday, I've got one piece missing, but I can make it up by marking up one of the blank tiles. Anyway, let me know what you want to do. I'd still like to play on Thursday if possible.

I won't be able to make the other two meets on Monday or Tuesday of next week, but I should be able to make any meets the week after.

Ptigga.

Mah Jong, is that like 5s and 3s?

Mah Jong, is that like 5s and 3s?

No.

But come along and find out about mah jong 12bore. You are very welcome.

The mah joing meet due on Thu 26 Jan remains CANCELLED.

The search facility still doesn't appear to be working, and I cannot access the usual announcement thread. I have now PM'd everyone on the mah jong list to inform them of the cancellation and the new dates. It took ages to PM everyone idividually - as my mah jong buddy list wasn't working last night (but it's back today!).

Please refer to the OP above for details of the new dates.

Red

I shall be making my "debut" in February.

Better go get some practise now.

No.

But come along and find out about mah jong 12bore. You are very welcome.

I would be delighted to come and have a game of Mah Jong with you, but I don’t have any transport at the moment, living out in the wild outskirts of the city I an reliant on the bus. I also have a previous appointment most Monday’s, but I will ask the old ball and chain if she will let me stay out late one night.:hihi:

I would be delighted to come and have a game of Mah Jong with you, but I don’t have any transport at the moment, living out in the wild outskirts of the city I an reliant on the bus. I also have a previous appointment most Monday’s, but I will ask the old ball and chain if she will let me stay out late one night.:hihi:

Why not bring Mrs 12bore along? I too have a regular commitment on a Monday, and am hoping that the meeting I'm going to won't run over time.

Confirmed players......

Mon - Spanna2005, goldenturkey, redrobbo

Tue - Plain Talker, goldenturkey, redrobbo

Hoping to make it..... Feargal (doesn't know which night yet).

I anticipate a few others will turn up on one or both nights. So, do come along 12bore if you can. If you want, I can arrange to meet you beforehand, as I don't believe we've ever seen you at a forum meet, and I know how shy some folks can be coming to their first forum meeting. PM me if this suggestion is helpful.

Red

Why not bring Mrs 12bore along? I too have a regular commitment on a Monday, and am hoping that the meeting I'm going to won't run over time.

Confirmed players......

Mon - Spanna2005, goldenturkey, redrobbo

Tue - Plain Talker, goldenturkey, redrobbo

Hoping to make it..... Feargal (doesn't know which night yet).

I anticipate a few others will turn up on one or both nights. So, do come along 12bore if you can. If you want, I can arrange to meet you beforehand, as I don't believe we've ever seen you at a forum meet, and I know how shy some folks can be coming to their first forum meeting. PM me if this suggestion is helpful.

Red

Yes Red I am very shy, but I will try and persuade my better half to come with me for support. I am very nervous about being in public on my own. I am not one for large crowds and putting myself forward. But just for you I may well give it a try.

Yes Red I am very shy, but I will try and persuade my better half to come with me for support. I am very nervous about being in public on my own. I am not one for large crowds and putting myself forward. But just for you I may well give it a try.

We are a friendly lot. We don't bite. We try to make new faces feel welcome.

Don't be put off, do feel free to come along to a meet, and get to know us!

PT

I am interested in turning up, having played mah jong a few years back, where is this Dev Cat where you are meeting?

dave