Murder of Alan Greaves/ trial

I think their privileges do have to be earned, the threat of removal is a compelling motivator to good behaviour, beyond that I'm not too worried-telling a 22 year old that he's going to spend more than the time he's so far been alive in prison will shake him to his boots..no boozing, no birds, no clubbing, no holidays, no job, no hanging out with your mates, no car, no children and being told what to do by people that have no respect for you...would you swap places with Bowling?

no job:hihi::hihi::hihi: .bet that scum has ever been near a job

I think their privileges do have to be earned, the threat of removal is a compelling motivator to good behaviour, beyond that I'm not too worried-telling a 22 year old that he's going to spend more than the time he's so far been alive in prison will shake him to his boots..no boozing, no birds, no clubbing, no holidays, no job, no hanging out with your mates, no car, no children and being told what to do by people that have no respect for you...would you swap places with Bowling?

And who is going to pay for his keep for 25 years, who is going to pay for those telling him what to do?

He should be made to work damned hard!

I remember listening to a fantastic phone-in on Radio Sheffield, where Rony was interviewing a man who believed there should be no state intervention in the commiting of crime. Let the citizens do what they like and eventually a balance will be reached where we moderate each other through choice rather than fear of a prison sentence. It's fanciful thinking and not a view I agree with but creates food for thought.

Im not sure how you arrived at the conclusion it was my view, as whether sentences act as a deterrent or not Bowling will be out of circulation for at least 25 years, so at least one less nutter off our streets and Lee Rigby's murderers soon to follow him, hopefully for even longer.

---------- Post added 22-07-2013 at 20:34 ----------

Do you believe someone in their 20's losing their freedom and all that goes with that for at least 25 years isn't being punished?

I'm referring to the other 'inbred' who was only given 9 years. A travesty of justice.

They should be made to donate one of their organs to save a life, after taking one.

The thing is, Bowling would never have had a job, holiday, car etc so hes hardly going to miss those things. No he inside with 3 steady meals a day, a gym playstation hanging round the pool table with similar people

The thing is, Bowling would never have had a job, holiday, car etc so hes hardly going to miss those things.
Well we don't know that for fact and whether he has them or not he would have had aspirations to a good life, albeit a feckless one.

No he inside with 3 steady meals a day, a gym playstation hanging round the pool table with similar people

These are the privileges I was referring to which have to be earnt and retained through good behaviour.

Frankly 25 years playing on a PS3 doesn't really compensate for the loss of liberty and all that goes with it, even my youngest gets fed up of it after a day barricaded in his bedroom playing Call of Duty!

Well we don't know that for fact and whether he has them or not he would have had aspirations to a good life, albeit a feckless one.

These are the privileges I was referring to which have to be earnt and retained through good behaviour.

Frankly 25 years playing on a PS3 doesn't really compensate for the loss of liberty and all that goes with it, even my youngest gets fed up of it after a day barricaded in his bedroom playing Call of Duty!

but its not actually a punishment is it. its cushier than on the outside, trying to live on £53 or whatever they get, doesnt have to worry that the gas bill is due, or should he pay the council tax instead.

I'm referring to the other 'inbred' who was only given 9 years. A travesty of justice.

This waster will only serve half of his sentence though , minus the six months or so he`s been on remand, so 4 years for killing a defenseless pensioner is all he will serve. What a joke the justice system in this country is. The justice system is infested with Do Gooders who think criminals can be rehabilitated,and can become law abiding members of society. This is the problem . Probation officers, social workers........ these people are the real problem. Instead of trying to rehabilitate criminals they should be concentrating on keeping criminals away from the rest of society.

Apparently this scumbag's family were cheering when the 'not guilty to murder' verdict was announced, until they heard the 'guilty to manslaughter decision. Did they really believe that he was innocent of any crime or did they think that he'd beaten the system? i suspect the latter. Scum the the lot of 'em.

They should be made to donate one of their organs to save a life, after taking one.

Yes, their hearts............as soon as possible !!!!!!!!! :rant:

Yes, their hearts............as soon as possible !!!!!!!!! :rant:

I'm sure Mrs Greaves would agree (not!)

Unlike some of the people here, she seems a lovely person who has some kind of moral dignity, rather than the frothing at the mouth pitchfork carrying brigade we see daily on Sheffield Forum.

Maybe many of us could learn a thing or two from Mr & Mrs Greaves.

Edited by Crosser

I'm sure Mrs Greaves would agree (not!)

Unlike some of the people here, she seems a lovely person who has some kind of moral dignity, rather than the frothing at the mouth pitchfork carrying brigade we see daily on Sheffield Forum.

Maybe many of us could learn a thing or two from Mr & Mrs Greaves.

and maybe if there were more of the pitchfork carrying brigade rather that the sandal wearing tofu eating brigade Mr Greaves would be alive now.