Talk talk services.

I wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a barge poll, although no longer rated worst ISP according to ofcom for complaints, that falls to Orange

I had the mis-fortune of having to deal with its previous incarnation of Tiscali quite a bit. Like most ISP's they are okay whilst there's no problem with your line/service. When there are issues it can be an absolute nightmare to resolve.

I hate Talk Talk, they tried their hardest to get me to pay for a new phone line when i told them it was already new, then after 4 weeks of waiting to get a connection i told them where to shove it, I then went to Plus-net and have had nothing but praise for their service, from the initial call to going live it took 3 days, great price package and incentives for discounts when you recommend friends for their services.

Didn't have many problems when with them.

However when the contract ended I change to Plusnet and have rated them 5 stars.

PS hotrock

Check the current offers as they have just recently change their packages. I have just upgraded to unlimited for £9.99 a month which is also £1.50 a month cheaper than before! (£11.49 for 60gb)

Didn't have many problems when with them.

However when the contract ended I change to Plusnet and have rated them 5 stars.

PS hotrock

Check the current offers as they have just recently change their packages. I have just upgraded to unlimited for £9.99 a month which is also £1.50 a month cheaper than before! (£11.49 for 60gb)

Just changed over today to a new contract, cheers

We had talk talk phone line and had loads of problems with crackling and interference. This was also affecting our broadband which was with Tesco at the time. The speed was rubbish and was regularly dropping off.

Having made numerous attempts with talk talk to sort it they just said It was a broadband fault and told us to take it up with Tesco.

Numerous toing and froing after, talk talk checked our phone line and said there was nothing wrong with it.

After 2 or 3 years of this I decided to change to BT phone and broadband.

They checked our phone line and found the fault straight away, It was a faulty cable from the outside phone connection to inside the house.

They replaced the cable free of charge and hey presto, sorted. It also gave us 2.5meg extra speed on our internet, not much by todays standards but a lot at the time.

I would never use talk talk ever again.

If we're available in your area, Origin Broadband can give you an unlimited fibre service. We cover most of S.Yorks :)

TalkTalk have been fine with my contract, my only criticism is the technical support from India can be a bit infuriating to deal with but apart from that no problems!

In short we had multiple problems -

They sent us faulty goods

Poor coverage

The technical line has severe language barriers ie most cannot speak clear english

When they finally admitted it was their error they let us cancel and sent us a small credit or so they said but after the call a week or so later we kept getting bills and threats of debt collectors ....

We spent HOURS on the phone to them

Really upset the mrs alot and caused us stress

IMO avoid

i was with these and they are a load of crap!! my internet kept going down, my phone line was all crackly! and the customer service was a horrible! we had an engineer out as the net was down, the man said there was nothing up with it on my side so it must be talktalk, he went away, 2 weeks later i had another engineer out he said the same as the first one, that theres nothing wrong my side, i later got my bill through it should have been £35 and it was £135!! they had charged me 2 engineers fees! yet i was told if an engineer came out and found nothing wrong within your property and your equipment you would NOT pay anything... when i said i wasnt paying it they started sending debt collectors letters and all sorts, i asked for proof that there was something wrong and guess what... they couldnt tell me! more like wouldnt! so i ended my contract and had to pay the £135 plus £86 cut off fee because i was still within my contract time! i would stay well clear of talktalk i am now with sky and couldnt get a better service! talktalk should change there name to talk ****e! :rant:

I've probably only had 3 'bad' events over the 10 years I have been with TalkTalk and signed up for Broadband when it was announced having moved the phone over to them from BT. (I can't understand how Plus Net can offer their low deals being a subsidiary of BT?). I am annoyed that there appear to be better deals to newcomers than existing ones. For support I have always gone to the TalkTalk Members Forums rather than ring India and have usually had a swift response - bearing in mind OCE's (formerly 'Blue Tops') were very good at sorting out. Now Dardandec made an interesting comment about the cable being the cause of the problem from the road (pole?) to the house - who owns that? BT! So I don't think that BT would take to kindly if non-authorised personnel messed around with their property - do you?! The only TT equipment will be (user side) modem/router and filters - the service side are based in BT exchanges - if kit goes down by any supplier the supplier has to request access - and that involves BT turning up at the allocated time - we will never know which party never turns up to do their duty will we as that is something we are not privy to! The biggest gaff that we encountered was a BT engineer at the bottom of the road who was working on a box disconnected us from the network - no phone and no broadband - and even though he was there he could not repair it as it required a job to be logged! How good is that BT? It took their finest engineer, a female, to sort the problem out! So not TT's fault BT's inept work practices! I am not saying TT is faultless. What I would like to know is in the past I was not told when the contract expired and services were maintained - is it possible to move elsewhere, keeping the same number originally allocated by BT? And what advantage can be had of moving to PlusNet when I have International Any time - this includes free calls to anywhere in the UK, US and Canada (the latter with a code in front) for up to 1 hour any time of day (24/7). I pay up front (Value Line Rental) which equates to £9.50 a month, and with Broadband works out at £16.50 a month. We never had cable laid on our side of the hill so cable is not an option and we are 3 miles from our allocated BT Exchange so download rates are 340 kbps (roughly). Also do you get any free web hosting with PlusNet?