Would you trust wilson if he as handed a couple of million to spend?

bassett-boys

Just thinking about the two new signings that the club / McCabe / Wilson has brought in and somebody has to take credit for them as they are again two fairly capable players who look like the could do a job for us and most importantly at least in Murphys case they will improve us in an area that needed it.

Just looking at the signings that have come into the club, the likes of McDonald, Lescinel, Hill, McMahon, Kitson, Gallagher, Blackman, Cofie, Miller, Westlake, and now Higginbotham and Murphy.

The above are all extremely shrewd signings that have improved our squad significantly in an era for the club where major transitions are happening, bill players have left the club and as we've seen previously it is quite easy in the wake of a relegation for everything to go bottom end up and to find yourself bown in the danger zone staring at another relegation.

About 5 of the above were free transfers as well which is bizarre as I think a few of them could still be doing the business in the Championship.

But there we go, Wilson has proven in my opinion that he has the eye for the right type of footballer. I think the genuinely wants to get the ball down and has now identified an area that we have always seemed to struggle in at various points over the last decade and that is out wide where he wanted pacey wingers to beat a man and get a cross in.

Now ok I know it won't happen, I'm not suggesting it will before the Owls pipe up but looking at the above and how shrewd the players have been coming in to the club to build this new squad and baring in mind most are nominal fees and a few are free transfers.

But would you trust danny wilson to spend a couple of million pound properly if he was handed it by the chairman?

Just thinking about the two new signings that the club / McCabe / Wilson has brought in and somebody has to take credit for them as they are again two fairly capable players who look like the could do a job for us and most importantly at least in Murphys case they will improve us in an area that needed it.

Just looking at the signings that have come into the club, the likes of McDonald, Lescinel, Hill, McMahon, Kitson, Gallagher, Blackman, Cofie, Miller, Westlake, and now Higginbotham and Murphy.

The above are all extremely shrewd signings that have improved our squad significantly in an era for the club where major transitions are happening, bill players have left the club and as we've seen previously it is quite easy in the wake of a relegation for everything to go bottom end up and to find yourself bown in the danger zone staring at another relegation.

About 5 of the above were free transfers as well which is bizarre as I think a few of them could still be doing the business in the Championship.

But there we go, Wilson has proven in my opinion that he has the eye for the right type of footballer. I think the genuinely wants to get the ball down and has now identified an area that we have always seemed to struggle in at various points over the last decade and that is out wide where he wanted pacey wingers to beat a man and get a cross in.

Now ok I know it won't happen, I'm not suggesting it will before the Owls pipe up but looking at the above and how shrewd the players have been coming in to the club to build this new squad and baring in mind most are nominal fees and a few are free transfers.

But would you trust danny wilson to spend a couple of million pound properly if he was handed it by the chairman?

I think he is doing a grand job mate, A bit more passion would be nice!. Wish he would unfold his arms a few times show a bit more passion. Would a couple of mill get rid of the alleged tattoos he has?. Anyway next round wendy's for me, Full ground and easy game into the next round!

Have we apponted a new coach ? after what seems like decades of failing to scoring from set pieces, we now cant stop !!

Back on topic, i hope he is not around by the time United are able to spend real money, however i again concede, the Murphy /higginbottom signing are encouraging.

Well Danny had a name for World class players when he was manager at Hillsbro, He called them big time Charleys and peed them all off.

I have to admit Wilson's philosophy of how he would like his team to play football on paper is fantastic, I know we've only really seens it in short spells but I do think at times this is down to our opposition who generally like a physical affair with direct football which knocks us off our rhythm but never the less Wilson has always said that he wants things and he has delivered this in his signings so I find it hard to knock him overly too much on that front.

Last season a massive part of me thought it has to be easier for him inheriting a team of the calibre that he did but you look at the squad now and see a first team XI made up of 7-8 of Wilson's signings and you realise it is very much his team.

I really really want the to gel now and I hope more than anything that we are challenging the top two places still in may. All the ingredients are there eg Wide Men, Strikers etc.

Just looking at the signings that have come into the club, the likes of McDonald, Lescinel, Hill, McMahon, Kitson, Gallagher, Blackman, Cofie, Miller, Westlake, and now Higginbotham and Murphy

But he has also brought in Howard, Coyne (out of necessity), Flynn, Porter, Philliskirk and Williams.

Flynn apart (and he is far from a good player) the rest aren't what you'd like to see brought in.

Overall though, his signings that he has brought in, when compared against his financial restraints, have been good.

But he has also brought in Howard, Coyne (out of necessity), Flynn, Porter, Philliskirk and Williams.

Flynn apart (and he is far from a good player) the rest aren't what you'd like to see brought in.

Overall though, his signings that he has brought in, when compared against his financial restraints, have been good.

No problems with Howard I thought he was doing ok untill his injury. Philliskirk was brought into the development squad.