Looking for a thread on here re: Interesting things in town

I recall from about a year ago a thread about things in Sheffield City Centre (generally historic features) that most people don't notice as they scurry about on their daily tasks. I've tried but have had no luck in locating it. Can anyone help please?

This is interesting Acorn and thanks but the thing I am looking for had lots more variety and all sorts of oddities on it. I remember one about the statue in Fitzwilliam Square for example and some high water marks around town.

This is interesting Acorn and thanks but the thing I am looking for had lots more variety and all sorts of oddities on it. I remember one about the statue in Fitzwilliam Square for example and some high water marks around town.

Hello,

If the high water marks you are refering to are along the Don Valley and/or in the lower parts of the city such as the Wicker, they may be from the Sheffield Flood of 1864.

There was also major flooding in Sheffield in 2007 but don't know if any official markers have been erected for this.

Regards