Parking ticket from Meadowhall

She should not have parked in a disabled parking bay , thats out of order , BUT the "Invoice"she recieved is worthless, not worth the paper its printed on and is totally un-enforcable. Tell her to bin it or use it a hamster bedding, but DO NOT PAY ..

knew i would get all this by asking on here:roll:. but looked through google and couldnt see anything so had to ask.

i was with her she is pregnant and really ill with it at the moment and needed a toilet desperately. she was only driving past not actually visiting meadowhall, and was there less than 10min. it was very busy, and no spaces nearby were available. thats the story of why she is so 'inconsiderate'. now pls, just advice on the question i asked. thanks staffy23.

Maybe you should have opened with that story, and there would have been more sympathy for her situation.

On the face of it, someone parking in a space marked for disabled people is wrong, but is not 'illegal' in a private car park. However, most people would understandably frown upon it. You could appeal to the company, but that would probably constitute admitting guilt, and some people would advocate ignoring the PCN totally.

so meadowhall is private land and she dsnt have to pay legally?

No , ignore it , bin it , eat it ,set fire to it ........... but do not pay it , its worthless, cannot be enforced, not now ,not ever.

Ok so best to ignore it then. thanks to those that helped!. We both understand in normal circumstances its not right to park in a disabled bay and don't need educating on this thanks.

Certain car parks at meadowhall do have parking restriction signs are posted in the areas that are covered but as far as I know disabled spaces are what they say for disabled only and if people respected that then the world would be a kinder place it isn't necessary to park near the doors if your able bodied

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 21:06 ----------

Parking tickets issued where there are parking signs warning of restrictions are legal on private land, a company will have been hired to patrol the car parks on behalf of meadowhall this is now becoming normal procedure now.also some car parks at meadowhall have cameras recording people entering and leaving so be altert when parking up.

Certain car parks at meadowhall do have parking restriction signs are posted in the areas that are covered but as far as I know disabled spaces are what they say for disabled only and if people respected that then the world would be a kinder place it isn't necessary to park near the doors if your able bodied

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 21:06 ----------

Parking tickets issued where there are parking signs warning of restrictions are legal on private land, a company will have been hired to patrol the car parks on behalf of meadowhall this is now becoming normal procedure now.also some car parks at meadowhall have cameras recording people entering and leaving so be altert when parking up.

You really ought not to come on here telling lies. Parking tickets of any description issued by Meadowhall or it's agents have no legal standing whatsoever. No matter how you dress it up they are unenforceable invoices.

You really ought not to come on here telling lies. Parking tickets of any description issued by Meadowhall or it's agents have no legal standing whatsoever. No matter how you dress it up they are unenforceable invoices.

Finally ,something we agree on. But it isnt just Meadowhall. Any parking "Invoice" issued by ANY private parking company, on any private car park/ land is unenforcable and worthless.

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 21:23 ----------

Which of the private parking companies do you represent ? Please dont tell lies and try to scare people into pay worthless invoices .

Was she parked in the end bay near to the Oasis/cinema entrance?

Looked like a council warden and ticket to me.......

Do council traffic wardens have any jurisdiction to issue parking tickets on what I would guess Meadowhall to be on private land.

The Council do not enforce Meadowhall's car parks.

The Council do not enforce Meadowhall's car parks.

I stand corrected then.